London, Ontario

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Hallam

Due to the rising cost of gas, we have decided to have the gas classes on Saturday and the nitro classes on Sunday. Most boaters I have talked to think this is the best way to keep registrations up and costs down. I'd be interested to hear from anyone who thinks that this is not a good idea. We're trying to accomodate as many racers as we can. This format will not apply to the Northern Nats. It will remain the same as past years.

Thanks.

Mike Hallam

President - Thames Valley Model Boat Club

61 views and no comments?

Mike

If you separate gas and nitro will you not be offering open classes?

What about the electric guys that like to run in the open classes ?

What about F.E. period , they have more than proved they are capable and deserving and willing to race with gas and nitro or on there own.

Why turn away any racers especially if it is a smaller event?

Also I don't like the idea of separating the two when we need to work harder to break down the us and them crap (toy boats).

What about the people that run both ?

It would make for a very busy day if you like to run more than a couple boats.

Just a couple thoughts Mike.

Feel free to have at me , on here or at the race :lol: .

Tim K

Since I haven't had much response, it looks as if we might go with the race as usual. Both gas and nitro over 2 days. Will let everyone know by Wednesday of this week.

Hi Mike, I like the idea of splitting the gas / nitro classes each having their own day. The 2 day races just don't work well for us to be away for whole weekends.

Thanks,

Chris Capaldi

Last edited by a moderator:
"we have decided to have the gas classes on Saturday and the nitro classes on Sunday. Most boaters I have talked to think this is the best way to keep registrations up and costs down. I'd be interested to hear from anyone who thinks that this is not a good idea."

Thought from the message above the decision had already been made. Tim K definately has the power! Sorry, I can't attend.

RJ

I'd vote to have it over two days as usual, makes it purdy hectic running 2-3 boats in one day.

Guys still gotta pay for gas each way, all they'll save is $70 on a room. If it comes down to that we can always go back to camping, spent many a night in the KOA in my younger days... :rolleyes:

So Tim , does this mean that I get to stay in that 6 wheel palace of yours if I go to london ?

So Tim , does this mean that I get to stay in that 6 wheel palace of yours if I go to london ?

Unfortunately I will not be able to make that race but you are welcome to stay in my driveway Geoff :lol: .

Tim K

Unfortunately I will not be able to make that race but you are welcome to stay in my driveway Geoff :lol: .

Tim K
Cool , can I sit in the captains seat and pretend i'm the leader in a convoy and use the air horn ?I hope you've got the CB fixed big buddy. he he he. ! O ya , you can take the Toronto phone book off the seat ,and the blocks off the pedals, I should be able to see over the instrument panel.

Tim K
Cool , can I sit in the captains seat and pretend i'm the leader in a convoy and use the air horn ?I hope you've got the CB fixed big buddy. he he he. ! O ya , you can take the Toronto phone book off the seat ,and the blocks off the pedals, I should be able to see over the instrument panel.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just let me beef up the suspention a bit and it is all your :D .

Tim K

I would be with Tim and don't separate the fuels and volts , most people run gas and nitro anyway.

Just my 2 cents

I can make a one day race that weekend, but not a two day. So the split would work out great for me.

Mike

What are you actually looking for? You are saying 2 diferent things in 2 different e-mails. One e-mail you said anyone who thinks this is not a good idea,the other e-mail said since I haven't had much response. There were 277 people veiwing this subject and you only got a handful of people saying that they wanted a 2 day race. Looks like the majority of people want a one day race. Either gas sat. & nitro sun. or vice versa it does'nt matter. I am personally voting for the one day race to cut down the cost. I don't go to any Ohio races due to the cost of traveling. The only race I attend out of town is your race. I can understand the Aug. race being 2 days. I think any club that can keep costs down and attract more boaters should,thats what keeps boaters coming back.

ED

I am for the split days as well. I can handle the extra gas money but I have to nix the extra $75 to $100 on a room and food for the extra day. I can think of at least 20 boats that won't be there for a 2 day event. :unsure:

JUICE D-2 Gas Director

I am for the split days as well. I can handle the extra gas money but I have to nix the extra $75 to $100 on a room and food for the extra day. I can think of at least 20 boats that won't be there for a 2 day event. :unsure:

JUICE D-2 Gas Director
Please delete hit wrong button

Thanks Joe

Mike I miss understood what you were asking.I thought if you did not reply you were for a one day for gas and one day for nitro.Sorry.I am for the one day.Being retired the $75 to $100 saved just means another race I can go to.

Joe

Looks like it is a 2 day race. I think there will be quite a few not making it. The split days looked good to me and others from what I have heard. I just can't see spending the extra money on a room and food for the extra day. SORRY MIKE!!!! :angry: :angry:

Back