LMRacing KEPS T2 in action from UK Meet

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin Fields

After a rather frantic build up to this weekends circuit racing meet at Elmbridge I've managed to get my KEPS upto a decent speed, and caught it on camera.

During the week I had to get another NR 7 port as the piston had broken in a test the weekend before and get it run it (which was done of the Saturady for Sundays race). It's still rich and the RS Sailsbury Power Pipe pipe can go shorter, but here are the results. I even managed a win with 1400pts, my highest yet.

There are more pictures from the weekend on www.lmracing.co.uk

Martin

http://youtu.be/86-6P4UeDQk- Heat 1

http://youtu.be/2zLTtMUgyLc- Heat 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Martin,

What propeller were you running?

There is still more to come in this set up.

Looking Good,

Mark Sholund

Looking good Martin!

As Mark mentions, there's more potential in that boat/prop/set-up... :rolleyes: But as its basically your second time with it - it sure looks good (coming from a rigger rookie). :p

/Niklas

Martin,

What propeller were you running?

There is still more to come in this set up.

Looking Good,

Mark Sholund
Hi Mark,

The first two heats I ran with the H6- 3.1", and in the last two ran the H6- 3.3" to see if there was much of a difference. The stabilty seemed to be the same but the 3.3" definately gave a more performance. I think next up will be playing with the pipe length to see if I can get it a little shorter.

Martn

Looking good Martin!

As Mark mentions, there's more potential in that boat/prop/set-up... :rolleyes: But as its basically your second time with it - it sure looks good (coming from a rigger rookie). :p

/Niklas
And the good news for you Niklas is that at our World Champ eliminator race which is the end of September, there will be 3 KEPS running out of the 5 people trying for places! Phill with his AA, Leon with his O.S and me with my Nova. So there is definately going to be at least one more at the World Champs :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking good Martin!

/Niklas
And the good news for you Niklas is that at our World Champ eliminator race which is the end of September, there will be 3 KEPS running out of the 5 people trying for places! Phill with his AA, Leon with his O.S and me with my Nova. So there is definately going to be at least one more at the World Champs :)
Sweet. :) So the others are Keith with his Eagle and Dave with his JAE?

Martin,

May want to check the pipe stinger diameter?

Some need to be bushed down a little for better fuel pressure and more back pressure

on the motor. It will increase the heat in your motor also which should help you even more.

On the propeller an H-6 at 3.21" of cup with the leading edges opened up a touch. A little

more center of blade pitch will help you also. Boat looks goods in race water.

Keep testing more combination as this is the best way to learn and see what your boat likes.

Thanks For Sharing,

Mark Sholund

Hi Martin

when are you guys racing next at elmbridge, we have a group of us down in plymouth who race 3.5cc hydro and would like to travel to a larger lake to realy let them stetch there legs, our lake is a wee bit small and make for very close racing. Currently my JAE/MAC21 is pushing low 60's on the GPS and i would like to see what she can do on a larger lake.

steve

Hi Martin

when are you guys racing next at elmbridge, we have a group of us down in plymouth who race 3.5cc hydro and would like to travel to a larger lake to realy let them stetch there legs, our lake is a wee bit small and make for very close racing. Currently my JAE/MAC21 is pushing low 60's on the GPS and i would like to see what she can do on a larger lake.

steve
There is the World Champ eliminators on Saturday 28th Sept at Elmbridge, but there is a club race organised for Sunday 29th Sept after. As soon as they send out the reminder for entries I'll post a link to the organiser on our website for you

Martin

Martin,

May want to check the pipe stinger diameter?

Some need to be bushed down a little for better fuel pressure and more back pressure

on the motor. It will increase the heat in your motor also which should help you even more.

On the propeller an H-6 at 3.21" of cup with the leading edges opened up a touch. A little

more center of blade pitch will help you also. Boat looks goods in race water.

Keep testing more combination as this is the best way to learn and see what your boat likes.

Thanks For Sharing,

Mark Sholund
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the advice. Jeremy is moulding a pipe for me as we speak so I'm not 100% what the measurement will be, but what size are you suggesting it could be restricted down to?

Martin

Latest posts

Back