Lipoly, wow

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjslhill

PQ-6000MG 3.7 6000 15C (90.0 Amps) 20C 168 160 x 90 x 5.2 $68.15

The future has arrived. 168g cells that can do 90 amps.

or

PQ-4400N 3.7 4400 12C (52.8 Amps) 16C 91 130 x 44 x 6.5 $56.05

Bye bye NIMH

thanks

Steve

They have been around for a long time. The reason nobody uses them is because they are a huge fire hazard! There have been several garages leveled due to them. You also need a special li poly battery charger. The MRC superbrain can charge them I do beleive. Sorry, I dont have much more info on the topic. But they were a big exsperiment about a year ago in land rc vehicles, I guess something wasnt that great because nothing much happened with them since.

Phil :blink: ;) :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Pennywhiz

u are incorrect

you need to do a lot more research on LiPo's

by far the majority of issues are with improper use/charging/handling or lack of care

the product Steve mentioned is from a reputable company whose cells are great performers and used by thousands of modellors

Perhaps it would be best to listen if you have to affix a coment like you dont know much - just in case you prove it!

Lipo's are safe if used and cared for correctly.. You can't treat them like nimh or nicads. I already have 2 sets of 10S8P's and I wouldn't think of using a mrc charger on them.. use a high quality charger if you want to save money and equipment.

I personally use Schultz 636+ chargers with the current software and I charge them at .75C or 6 amps and the cells are cooler then room temp when they are done charging

also go check plane sites thats about all they use in planes and heli's no adays

I have ordered the following:

6000 2s

6000 3S

6000 4S packs

All of these will have the taps for use with the pcm if desired.

thanks

Steve

www.battlepack.com

brooks93 said:
Lipo's are safe if used and cared for correctly.. You can't treat them like nimh or nicads.  I already have 2 sets of 10S8P's and I wouldn't think of using a mrc charger on them.. use a high quality charger if you want to save money and equipment.
I personally use Schultz 636+ chargers with the current software and I charge them at .75C or 6 amps and the cells are cooler then room temp when they are done charging

also go check plane sites thats about all they use in planes and heli's no adays

73140[/snapback]

What rock you been hiding under? Millions are using them.

Pennywizz6 said:
They have been around for a long time. The reason nobody uses them is because they are a huge fire hazard! There have been several garages leveled due to them. You also need a special li poly battery charger. The MRC superbrain can charge them I do beleive. Sorry, I dont have much more info on the topic. But they were a big exsperiment about a year ago in land rc vehicles, I guess something wasnt that great because nothing much happened with them since.
Phil :blink:   ;)   :rolleyes:

73128[/snapback]

No, I guess you need two loose cells, guess I need to order loose cells. Someone else asked me for those. I better get some.

brooks93 said:
I have ordered the following:
6000 2s

6000 3S

6000 4S packs
steve will they be in saddle form.. for my n2 I need saddle packs

73241[/snapback]

ya I would need 2 sets of saddles.. can you put them together or would I have to get the stuff to solder to the tabs

I can put them together.

brooks93 said:
ya I would need 2 sets of saddles.. can you put them together or would I have to get the stuff to solder to the tabs
73255[/snapback]

Im getting my info from a traxxas forum mod, who is very smart and usually knows what hes talking about. He stated

"its just that these things have to handled with great care, or the results could be disastrous. Plenty of real life fire stories in the E-Flight forums regarding Li-Po cells. Considering that a good number of folks manage to fry their conventional NiCd and NiMh packs, it must be made perfectly clear that Li cells are only for the most serious RCer's."

I usually take his word....I'm not pulling what I say out of my ass.

And it doesnt look like many land racers use them. Ive never seen a backyard basher or a club racer use them. Why are manufacturers like sanyo making ni-mh better and now have a 3600 sub c if li-poly is so great? Although I do know there are quite a few using them on airplanes.

Phil ;) :) :rolleyes:

Just let me know what you want....I can get it all.

thanks

Steve

Jim Caldwell said:
Steve, 4400 2p x2 for saddle pack?

the others won't fit in a lot of boats, cars or planes.

73412[/snapback]

Back