• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

LF a Twincraft B mono

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
in my 19 years of rc boating I have never seen one sold once people buy one they hold on to them for dear life because they run so good in race water, I have one but will not sell it it is a blast to drive. I think they called it the intruder. rc 90 boat.

I had not long managed to find one, was wondering about the boat how good they are compared to the 46 inch hull
attachicon.gif
IMG_1669.JPG
The boat pictured is the first version of the Twin Craft B Mono. I believe it is 37 inches long. The last version that Steve Speas made was 30 inches long. The 30 inch boat ran better than the 37 inch boat. I have a 30 inch boat that Steve made for me in 1993. I ran it for 17 years. It would run between 47-50 MPH anytime you threw it in the water.........still a competitive speed for the class today. I was thinking the other day that this boat won more races and titles than any single boat that Steve built. I was looking at the list of wins this boat has and all I could think of was "thanks, Steve".

Dick Tyndall

I had not long managed to find one, was wondering about the boat how good they are compared to the 46 inch hull
attachicon.gif
IMG_1669.JPG
The boat pictured is the first version of the Twin Craft B Mono. I believe it is 37 inches long. The last version that Steve Speas made was 30 inches long. The 30 inch boat ran better than the 37 inch boat. I have a 30 inch boat that Steve made for me in 1993. I ran it for 17 years. It would run between 47-50 MPH anytime you threw it in the water.........still a competitive speed for the class today. I was thinking the other day that this boat won more races and titles than any single boat that Steve built. I was looking at the list of wins this boat has and all I could think of was "thanks, Steve".
The label that's glassed in says made 4-90 but not the logo of the boat twincraft. So I would safely say it was done by Steve spears ?.

As norm is in Aus our b mono is 7.5 cc class no 3.5cc just to clear confusion up.

Dick Tyndall

attachicon.gif
IMG_1669.JPG

Dick Tyndall
Guess who I'll be calling for a brain pickin' session on the 30" Twincraft???

I will bring a set-up sheet to the Ft. Richie race this weekend for you, Robin.

Wayne, this boat that you have was made by Charles Crenshaw for John Finch, who designed the Twin Craft boats. When Charles was no longer able to make the boats Steve Speas started making the boats and selling them. This took place sometime in the early 1990's. I still have one of the 37 inch boats in my attic.

The 46 inch boats were made for the .67 thru .90 engines. They were great Heat Racing boats but once you got them faster than the low 60's MPH they became a bit unstable. Not many people had monos that could go that fast back then, anyways. I won a US-1 with mine in 1992. It was the first Twin Craft boat to run a surface drive prop. John gave the boat to me to set it up like this. A few years ago he asked me about the boat and I gave it back to him. He put a gas engine in it and won a few races with it!

Dick Tyndall

I will bring a set-up sheet to the Ft. Richie race this weekend for you, Robin.

Wayne, this boat that you have was made by Charles Crenshaw for John Finch, who designed the Twin Craft boats. When Charles was no longer able to make the boats Steve Speas started making the boats and selling them. This took place sometime in the early 1990's. I still have one of the 37 inch boats in my attic.

The 46 inch boats were made for the .67 thru .90 engines. They were great Heat Racing boats but once you got them faster than the low 60's MPH they became a bit unstable. Not many people had monos that could go that fast back then, anyways. I won a US-1 with mine in 1992. It was the first Twin Craft boat to run a surface drive prop. John gave the boat to me to set it up like this. A few years ago he asked me about the boat and I gave it back to him. He put a gas engine in it and won a few races with it!

Dick Tyndall
hey dick,could you run that boat with a sub-surface drive to make it a little bit more stable over 60mph?

Back