lawless lower questions?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rick lindow

I have seen a few post about the lawless lower, I am putting mine together now, first question is do I use the Teflon tube or do I bend a brass tube? I have also heard some say that the issue of breaking cables has been solved,I am talking about the premature failures, not normal wear an tear! My cables are 6 9/32" long and the flats are 3/4" long on both ends , how much clearnce do I need to run to avoid the windup? and last, i have also heard of a problem with the the prop shaft? I have waited a long time to build , due to the failers, but now we have three gas tunnels in my area now! any input would be great. thanks, Rick Lindow

Rixk,

It would be easier to answer your questions if it was known what Lawless unit you refer to. 21, 45 or a gas unit?

John, its the cut throat (gas) lower! I Just finished putting it together what a nightmare 5hrs! Let me explain the lower comes with the 2 sides together and all the rest you assemble, being the over achiever I separated the lower for inspection all looks great, let me stop here, Fred builds great lower units the 21, 45 and the gas unit are all works of art!!! this is not a bash Fred thread!!! With that being said let me get back to my issues. When I Tried to reassemble the two sides with the teflon sleeve in, I had a little trouble getting the pins to line up, like it was in a small bind, odd! the next step is to install mtr. and Collete attached to the cable . that ain't happening, cable goes in 1.5 inch that's it,I remove the cable from the mtr.tried to test fit just the cable by it self no good,I tore it back down to find for some reason the teflon tube has a large flat area from the two sides. I went through three teflon tubes still no good.I made one out of brass and thought i had it but the same thing the tube gets distorted .I made another brass tube as I was fitting the tube to the one halve I had it perfect for some reason i grabbed the other side to check it guess what they are not the same it looks like in the middle of the arch its off so I fitted it too both sides and carefully join the two all good ,the cable is free now but I might give Fred a call but its been way to long of time past, not sure what to do its never been mounted "new", sorry to be so long winded i had to tell someone, thought i was loosing it, man thats a lota work, would not want to do that at the pond! Rick Lindow

Last edited by a moderator:
To all that has read my post , I purchase this lower from Fred (lawless) in 3/31/2010, I called Fred today explained the issue, he immediately recognized and identified the mismatch! it was a change in the degree of the angle on the cable routing I got 1 of each new style and old style, no problem he says ill ship a new set out tomorrow, Ill send him mine as he said to get it out of circulation! wow that's the way to do business, after three years I'm really impressed!!! " big smile". Rick Lindow

Last edited by a moderator:
Back