Launching hydro's..how??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Terry Flynn said:
Grimracer said:
Terry
True enought... we also have skeeters, cow poop and LOTS OF BEER..

Grim the southern wantabe..

91702[/snapback]

The opportunity was there so I had to take it

Just giving you a hard time Mike :D

91808[/snapback]

Terry

WE ARE NOT FAR ENOUGH SOUTH... :lol:

Mike

Hey Guys,

I'm with Garry, I just set my boat in the water and walk to the drivers stand. When I'm good and ready I crack the trigger and go. :D I thought I might have a problem with my 1/8th scale but low and behold from a dead float she pops on plane in about 10 feet!

Paul.

Paul,

One thing i do not understand is why waste the peak on launching the boat that way?

Makes sence to me to give a fast launch at a lower power setting and nail it at the start..

I dunno?

Mike

The batteries we now use actually “come on” as they warm up. Many racers hit them with a blow drier, or put them on the charger to warm them up before a race. The other method is to do a hot mill lap to get them up to racing temp.

Garry

Gary,

Thanks and that is cool..

they use to call me three peak because i needed to have my batteries hot before the race. I was also trying to take advantage of the peak voltage for the hole shot.

Now when i see FE boats race they set them in.. wait for the count and then be bop out to buoy 6 sit and wait around for the count to do its thing... 3.2.1. and they are off and running..

I dont know but it seems like there is not much dicing for lanes during the mill.. there aint much of a mill..

Just thinking..

One thing is for sure.. my though about this and the way the rest of you do this does not mix... Kermit learned the hard way. My one and only FE race … but not my last..

Mike

Hey Mike,

One thing is for sure.. my though about this and the way the rest of you do this does not mix... Kermit learned the hard way.
LMAO!!!! Boy Mike, that was a classic! You never made it to the start/finish line did you. Stupid electric boats, lol.

BTW: How's that shovel coming? Any progress since the last time I saw it?

Paul.

Paul Pachmayer said:
Hey Mike,
One thing is for sure.. my though about this and the way the rest of you do this does not mix... Kermit learned the hard way.
LMAO!!!! Boy Mike, that was a classic! You never made it to the start/finish line did you. Stupid electric boats, lol.

BTW: How's that shovel coming? Any progress since the last time I saw it?

Paul.

91928[/snapback]

Skull Dude,

Hea.. i never said they were stupid.. its just... well.... they bite..... nothing worse then getting beat.. and killing the little green guy.. what the hell he had to die.. it was his time.. Crashing Charlys boat was the bad part but sending Kermit to Davey Jones Locker… I have to tell you.. I LIKED IT…kidding… :p :D :D

What.. Doug gave the little green guy mouth to mouth and now he is back.. I mean I know Dougs wife is a Princess....but...Doug a Prince.. :blink: :p :D

The boat has more done to it mostly to the bottoms. I have made a few more slight changes to the air traps and the right ride pad. The motor mount is in and the rudder is in the house. Its got some primer on it and im hoping to shoot the white on the 2nd or 3rd of April. Not sure what servo im going to turn it with but what ever i use you can darn well bet its going to have one dam slick servo mount.

ROCK ON..

Going to try to run the boat on the sat of the Mazo race.. that is if LSH runs that day..

Guess i best get in my NAMBA ap..or can i do a one day?

Grimcrasher :ph34r:

Hey Mike,

You can do a one day deal no problem, just hope you don't set a record. ;) On the servo, 225MG does the trick quite nicely.

Paul.

At MC4 my pit man launched my Unlimited offshore nose first in shallow water on a Lemans start. I hit the throttle before he even let go of it. It stuck in the mud like a lawn jart. Propeller buzzing like an angry cake mixer. He ran out to it and threw it again. I finished the heat with a nice helping of clay on the bow.

We laughed so hard we nearly wet ourselves. Of course we will never let him live it down.

Latest posts

Back