K&B outboards

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

legendscar24

Are any of you racing variants of the K&B in the 7.5 class? I guess this is for the NAMBA guys more since they are the only association racing a stock class. If so what are you racing??? Boat plus engine.

Thanks,

mike.

JD please give use less fortunate a little more info as way the red head :blink:

Marty
Well, the red head 7.5 Pro holds all the NAMBA records for speed, 2 lap oval, and 6 lap competition.

However, I'm going to be testing the K&B 7.5 Super Pro(the water cooled version of the red head 7.5 Pro). Gary Preusse tells me the w/c engine should run better than the a/c engine. I needed a new 7.5, so I thought I'd give it a try. Realy easy to convert it to the a/c version.

JD

I run the red head a/c bone stock on a shaman, and there aren't many boats or engine that can compete in the 7.5 stock class!

The K&B 7.5 read head pro has been the weapon of choice for many years, but if your going to race it and feed it 60% fuel be ready to have some extra cranks,rods and cases on hand. I've had no less than 4 motors blow 3 years. And when they do they blow big! Greg :)

I have had Clarance Lee do all mine and have never had a problem, he has some heat treat magic he does that keeps them together and run fast, he still has ads in the model airplane mag, K%B at list price minus 40% plus his 28.00 customization, a sweet deal all the way around.

Mike.

In my mind if the motor has been heat treated and show's physical signs of it then it has been modified and would not be namba legal. I may be opening a can of worms but O'well B) thats what this is all about. I run all the time with the national record holder Eric Broulet and mister JD himself and to say we run our motors hard is a understatement. I always keep a backup ready and carry lots of spare parts thats the nature of running the class if you want to win. Greg

Latest posts

Back