K&B MOVING FORWARD ??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waterbug

K&B MOVING FORWARD ??

Just visited K&B site. Seems to be changes to the parts lists , all the discontiued engine parts are gone.

Only the stuff they are going to produce is being listed.

Maybe the engines will show up soon !! I got a reply from Sain Dillon with M.E.C.O. that they plan on 3.5's by summer, that would be in June. :- :-

Wouldn't hold my breath, but seems to be moving a little .

Re:K&B MOVING FORWARD ??

I got the mail from K&B and they say:

"It is possible to get the engines but not right now. We should be completing production by summer."

I know I am a bit new to this stuff that K&B is pulling, but I honestly have a good feeling that they will have stuff too. I called recently and the lady on the line made it sound like those engines are just around the corner.

Yes but she had the chance to practice sounding convincing for 2-3 years. > :(

:p That same lady told me she had my parts in her hand,and she will personaly get them shipped out,that was over a year ago must have got lost in shipping. ??? What ever happen to the 7.5 pro's they had ready to ship in february,it's now March did anyone receive any ??? IF there moving forward i don't see it. :-X

:D :D :DFellas,

What you don't know is that woman in customer service is doing time in a ladies prison so she only works a few hours a day. She probably will mail the parts but first must get out of "the hole". I was also told that there's been a lock down at San Quentin prison for men and that has stopped production of all K & B Parts and motors. That was a direct order from DMV because they hate competition!

LOL :D :D

Yes, this is a joke. We don't need one more K & B rumor out there!

Hey, I heard a rumor that K&B IS actually doing a really brisk business! They just happen to be doing it under another name. I hear it's called EBAY! ;D

I heard MECOA isn't manufacturing anything right now for K&B or any of their other engine lines. They are just selling from stock and jobbing out production one engine family at a time to some Mexican manufacturer. A friend of mine was there and said he saw no sign of enough material, workers, or even workers cars to run an engine plant of any size no matter now automated some of the processes are. They are out of stock on better than 85% of all the engines they supposedly build. Something is funky with that whole deal. Not sure if this is true but I also heard the Russian operation that makes NORVEL is going to build outboards with preproduction engines already having been tested by some SIG guys, but I also heard this exact same thing from a different guy except the engine manufacturer was MVVS so who knows on this one.

AN THE BEAT GOES ON!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

Ok I am back now,boy ol' boy this is like as the world turns tv show,you never know. I just think K&B should come forward an tell the TRUTH!!!!!!!! tired of the limbo!!

I know all of us who sell parts an products can't do our customers like this or we would not last long...

MY .02

Tim

Whats the real problem with companies supplying outboards anyway? There seems to be a large enough market for them but not enough manufacturers. K&B's been effectively out of the game for something like 4 years now, OS is dropping its .21 outboard. It seems that, other than Thunder Tigers .21, the only outboard stuff available are aftermarket lowers or specialty-built complete units whose very cost prohibits any sport-only use. It's become virtually impossible to get anything approaching a reasonable cost for an engine, new, for a sport boater.

I agree with you, TIM. As a motorcycle mechanic, and shop owner, my customers would never return if I treated them this way. Hell, they get irritated if I'm a couple days late on delivery!!

K&B should give up on this current line of lying cr@p and either tell the truth or just close shop.(oh yeah, you'd have to actually be open to close shop)

What does that MOD Kit do for the engine???

Does anyone know?? 10-15 MPH and you dont have to mod the sleeve or the piston. Would like more info on this

and VOID the warrenty on a K&B,

I think I have had it with K&B ****, Think i am going to go with the lawless foot, and a Rossi powerhead.

To all you K&B owners, from what i have seen, Ebay is LOADED with stuff, but you get into the bidding war. Might part out my 3.5 and see what i can make on it.

they're being kinda stupid IMO, having a VERY secure business [as in sure of having enough demand to sell their engines] as the main OB manufacturer among other things, then they make some bad decisions about relocating thier plants......instead of coming out with new stuff like the .18 [nothing against that engine though, i've got one] they should be getting back in the 3.5cc OB game ASAP, and in the meantime telling us buyers the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. I like their style of engine's and the quality/price ratio alot but not knowing when and what stuff'll be available is making OS a definite option..... :(

well, there's my .02 [or is this my second post, making it .04? :) ]

Joe

I love K&B engines myself, owning over 30 of them in various sizes ALL purchased from EBAY. Most of them are aero and a few heli but at least 7 are the old .40 inboards. They all run strong, even the almost worn-out ones. The list price and wide used-prices are all excellant, with the exception going to the 3.5's on ebay. I would really enjoy purchasing the engine of MY choice from K&B but doubt it'll happen anytime soon.

Latest posts

Back