K&B .21 p/l for 8907

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Torgalski

KB_piston_liners_21.jpg

http://relentlessskateshop.com/KB_piston_liners_21.jpg

Hello everyone,

In the picture via the link above, I have two p/l 's that I purchased years ago for my 8907, but only the liner on the left matches identically with the one currently in my engine. Has anyone ever seen the other liner, and is it intended for the 8907 or a different engine altogether?

Thank you all in advance,

Jeffrey

Last edited by a moderator:
The one on the right is the same as what came supplied with my Gold Head SS a year or two after they came out. They describe it as the "piped" version (33-8902 thru 33-8903)

The one you have on your left is the standard version (33-8901) that is described in thier parts list.

Either sleeve is specified for use in your engine.

Your original sleeve is described with having only a teflon plug piston pin supplied.

The difference on the later version (why there are two part numbers) is they came with either safety clips or teflon plug on the wrist pin.

Can you caliper the top of the windows to the top of the sleeve of each to see if they match? Is it the sides of the windows that take the dip, or is the window taller in the middle...

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you caliper the top of the windows to the top of the sleeve of each to see if they match? Is it the sides of the windows that take the dip, or is the window taller in the middle...
I don't have a caliper to measure them, but I am certain after fitting them in the housing that the sides of the "newer" p/l take a dip, and at the center extend to open to the full height of the exhaust manifold. The wrist pin with the teflon pad does not seat into the piston matched with the square exhaust ports.

Can I get the teflon pad wrist pin to fit by de-burring the recess for the wrist pin, or is this piston designed for a different wrist pin that I'll need to purchase?

Thanks again for your help, guys,

Jeffrey

I can't be sure to say yes or no on that wrist pin. They are called out with two different pistons and I own only the teflon version so I cannot compare my stock for you. I can only say just the later version window (square) was supplied with either style piston according to thier diagram and parts list at the MECOA website.

Back