Just Got a New Axe Rossi 7.5 OB.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonSoper

Hello, I just got a new Axe Rossi 7.5 from Hyperformance. I was happy with their service. I got one of their head buttons also. What I wondering is, if this engine needs any attention before I start it. I have a CMB .21 RS outboard that took a lot of filing on the sleeve to remove flashing before I ran it. The sleeve on this 7.5 looks pretty good. I also filed the PTO where the crank pin goes into it on my CMB. The flywheel flew off on my CMB, so I loctited it and the one on the 7.5.

Does this Rossi 7.5 need any special attention? What pipe & mods are reccomended? Thanks.

There are plenty of things you can do to them, but they run pretty well out of the box. Definitely loctite the flywheel, I used to not be able to keep them in stock because of guys losing them. The irwin stamped pipe works really well, and the hopper pipe also runs good on them. Set the head at about .010" - .012", and enjoy.

While Rossi has a very good manufacturing process, you should always disassemble and clean/inspect a new engine before running it.

~James

Last edited by a moderator:
There are plenty of things you can do to them, but they run pretty well out of the box. Definitely loctite the flywheel, I used to not be able to keep them in stock because of guys losing them. The irwin stamped pipe works really well, and the hopper pipe also runs good on them. Set the head at about .010" - .012", and enjoy.
While Rossi has a very good manufacturing process, you should always disassemble and clean/inspect a new engine before running it.

~James
Thanks. I didn't know if they had any quirks of their own.

I just modified the PTO to give it a little play.

~James

aww don just send it to me and ill break it in for ya.. and ill give you a kaboom powerhead to borrow for the next 3 years..lol

terry

Hello, I just got a new Axe Rossi 7.5 from Hyperformance. I was happy with their service. I got one of their head buttons also. What I wondering is, if this engine needs any attention before I start it. I have a CMB .21 RS outboard that took a lot of filing on the sleeve to remove flashing before I ran it. The sleeve on this 7.5 looks pretty good. I also filed the PTO where the crank pin goes into it on my CMB. The flywheel flew off on my CMB, so I loctited it and the one on the 7.5.
Does this Rossi 7.5 need any special attention? What pipe & mods are reccomended? Thanks.
Don

Install the nyloc nut that came with your motor.

Nitro Nub

Don

Nitro Nub
Nub,

Are you going to venture North to play toy boats this year?

~James

aww don just send it to me and ill break it in for ya.. and ill give you a kaboom powerhead to borrow for the next 3 years..lol

terry
You probably already have about 17 of 'em :D

Don

Nitro Nub
I'll have to check again, but I don't think it came with one.

Don

Nitro Nub
I'll have to check again, but I don't think it came with one.
Mine came with one. but that was two years ago...

Don take it from a guy who has ran that 7.5 for the last 6 to 7 years the motor runs GREAT right out of the box and I know this sounds hard to believe but it will probably take a year to break it in. Me and my brother both run that motor and after 6 years of pretty hard racing in D-13 I just had mine refreashed new piston sleeve and barings. The motor was not broke I just figured after 6 years of never being apart it was time. Like James said the Irwin or the Hopper pipe work great on that motor. Just remember lean is mean but fat is where it's at.

Later Gator B)

Don take it from a guy who has ran that 7.5 for the last 6 to 7 years the motor runs GREAT right out of the box and I know this sounds hard to believe but it will probably take a year to break it in. Me and my brother both run that motor and after 6 years of pretty hard racing in D-13 I just had mine refreashed new piston sleeve and barings. The motor was not broke I just figured after 6 years of never being apart it was time. Like James said the Irwin or the Hopper pipe work great on that motor. Just remember lean is mean but fat is where it's at.
Later Gator B)
Thanks for the info.

Latest posts

Back