Just Bought a Used JAE .12 and I have a few ?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philmunsterman

I just bought this and fixed a few things on the boat. Took it out yesterday and the Rossi .12 seemed to run great but would never get up to speed. It ran around at around 30 mph. . It has the 1440 zipkits prop. My ? is this correct for the strut setting ? Thanks Phil

jae12002.jpg

Jaestrut002.jpg

The strut is touching the ski. Does it have to much negative angle ? I would say it is a stock prop (uncut ) I do have Mark making me a prop. Phil

It is hard to see in the pictures but the strut angle should be zero. Everything else sounds about right, when really up and running you should have 50+ MPH speeds. Pipe length is another area to keep an eye on.

Phil, it loks like one of my Novarossi motors and Texan pipe...if you would like to give me a call I can get some more info from you and give you some pointers. My number is 210 392-2271.

Glenn

You shouldn't have any negative angle in your strut. Put your pipe at 2" from the center of the head to the widest point on the pipe.

With Marks 1440, it'll be like the difference between night and day.

you have negative in that strut. I would put it at zero. Right now, if I had to guess, its not getting any speed because a: your prop might be too big, and b: with that negative angle, its trying to digthe front sponsons into the water. Set it at zero, and toss it again, see what you get. Then if that doesnt help, switch props.

Phil,

If the set up is not the best or it has a weaker motor some

Are having success with a Y-536 propeller until they can get

Some time on this nice little boat.

Thanks For Reading,

Mark Sholund

We been playing with a .18 Zippkit rigger. And my own .12 NR. What we did find out is them engines like it hot. We don't launch until the head heats up. No water into the .12 NR I use a NR airplane head. Glen sells them. The .18 we needed to add a resistor inline to cut down on the water. The .18 needed water she would get real dogy without water. Ran great until she heated too much. I been running Joe's 438 prop. We finally get a .12 class in Elmira ,next year. I ran my .12 in the open rigger, once. yea I got lapped. I wanted .12 rigger exposure. We have 3 running this weekend. What we found is a fun hull with good speed.

Thanks for all the help and advice.

Glen, Thanks for taking the time to talk on the phone and for the tips.

I have made a few adjustments and will give it another shot this weekend. Phil

I had a chance to run the JAE today and with the tips Glen gave me and Marks prop I would say I'm up a bit over 50mph now. It runs great for 3 or 4 laps then dies ? It does not seem to be lean, maybe an issue with fuel ?

I had a chance to run the JAE today and with the tips Glen gave me and Marks prop I would say I'm up a bit over 50mph now. It runs great for 3 or 4 laps then dies ? It does not seem to be lean, maybe an issue with fuel ?

Phil, I'm glad to hear it is running better. I had the same quitting issue for a short while...I found a LITTLE water cooling fixed the problem. These motor don't give the typical "sag" indications when they are getting hot, mine would continue to get faster and faster each lap and then just stop. The problem was not there when the weather got a little cooler.

Glenn

hi

what should be the proper weight (RTR without fuel) for a JAE.12?

about 2.2lbs? less or more?

can we consider there is a max weight to allow good performance?

thanks-regards GL

Thanks everyone for the advice on the .12. We had our Club Fun Run today and it was running great this am , But after running my Eagle 101 ( with fresh Steve Wood Rebuild ) I'm going to list the .12 for sale. It's a great little boat but I'm going to stick with the Big Boats. Phil

Back