just a poll

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

do you use the right engine?

• i truly use a .67

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • i cheat with an .80

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hey Al,

Your right, setup is the key to any boat!!! This sunday is your chance :lol: (san diego) See ya there :p

Don :)

Don, Is Miss Gail Force going to make it down for Sunday after the last district race at Legg?

TG
Tyler, yes it will be there, a little worse for the wear. It seems to be ok after putting it back together... Sunday will tell????????

80 or 67?

:)

Stock CMB 67

S255

SALISBURY POWER PIPE at 10.5"

5Kg or 11lb Dry

T-6 wood over foam Built from Rogers great plans.

D Tyndell Fin, thanks Grub, but we wont go into that one will we grub :)

and an idea from Glenn Watkins

I did take a "Hand grenade" CMB 67 engine to the Nationals for a fast heat time but wife needed it for her C Hydro by the end of practice. Bugger

Hey Al,Your right, setup is the key to any boat!!! This sunday is your chance :lol: (san diego) See ya there :p

Well Don, I had my chance............... the streak continues. I figured on my home course in San Diego with the 15 foot radius turns, if I got the lead, I could hold off Mark Grim. My boat with the Greenie was leaving everybody...............except Mark. He waited about four laps until we went side by side through the turns and then got me on the straight. The thing was though, how he went side by side with me through the left turn. I went where there was enough run for me to go between the dead boat Bardahl and the bouys. When we came out of the turn, he was next to me. I didnt see his boat in the roostertials through the turn. Dont know how he saw his boat. Now these are things that make you go HMMMMMMMMM.

It was a heck of a race. I never had so much fun coming in second. It was a blast and we all talked about it quite a bit. I am so much faster with the prop Mark did for me. Problem I have now is............ thank you for your entry for the Muncey. Can I still be as happy coming in third place? :eek:

See ya, Al Waters

Hey Al,

Mark justs pushes the secret button we built into the Miss U S!!!! It's called "AUTO PILOT" :lol: :D :p

The Muncy should be a lot of fun :) I'LL BRING A "HAPPY PILL" FOR YA! :lol:

The ops 80 and 67 do not look exactly alike, the cooling fins below the waterjacket are larger on the 80. But dont say an ops 67 wont run. They will haul the mail if done right. They will be abusive to the bearings due to thier size and the bearing housing will fail in time. But they will bring it. I personally wont stick it in there and hope it comes out. But trolling outside doesnt work either. At least not for me. My Oberto was in lane 10 milling when it got slammed. my two cents Ken
I'll interject a comment as I read this thread. The OPS80 also has a different exhaust port ear configuration. As for the bearing, we've made billet bearing housings that run 2 bearings back to back on the big end, solves the bearing failure problem.

I can see this thread going very bad....... :blink: :blink: :blink:
Grim
Ive never seen a 67 pull anyting bigger than a x462 and thats too much i think. the 80 should pull the x462 or x465 with ease. most guys use a x460 i am smaller than that for the explisive accel at the start.
The MAC 84 loves the X560 on my mono, maybe a 1662. But I'm not a scale guy (yet), so I don't know.

Hello from Australia .Firstly , I would like to say that that it is not my intention to hijack this topic . Regarding the OPS motors , there have been many used over here in Australia in many different hull configurations including 1 / 8 Scale . One of our previous members - now gone into drag racing has made using a CNC programme a billet bearing housing for the OPS 67 motor to enable 2 large bearings to be installed instead of the factory casting which uses 1 . There is another member of my club that is getting some made to be used in his motors , mainly for Scale boats . So between us there will be at least 7 of these made . If there is any interest in getting some of these , send me a private message . And when it comes to 1 / 8 Scale , I only run a 67 size motor .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Australia
We did it about 10 years ago to keep some 67 twin hydro motors together, But we did it the old fashion way in a manual lathe.

Hello from Australia .Firstly , I would like to say that that it is not my intention to hijack this topic . Regarding the OPS motors , there have been many used over here in Australia in many different hull configurations including 1 / 8 Scale . One of our previous members - now gone into drag racing has made using a CNC programme a billet bearing housing for the OPS 67 motor to enable 2 large bearings to be installed instead of the factory casting which uses 1 . There is another member of my club that is getting some made to be used in his motors , mainly for Scale boats . So between us there will be at least 7 of these made . If there is any interest in getting some of these , send me a private message . And when it comes to 1 / 8 Scale , I only run a 67 size motor .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Australia
We did it about 10 years ago to keep some 67 twin hydro motors together, But we did it the old fashion way in a manual lathe.
BC Racing, one of Jim Allen's proteges, made some SS housings in the 90's. Have two motors with them. B) B) B) SWEET

Interesting topic!!!!!!! I am in the process of building a scale and as I looked at the boat and sat my greenhead in the boat it looks like putting a 21 in a 90 hydro. It just does not look right. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I sat my 90 hydro motor in the scale, a 101, and man DID IT LOOK GREAT!!!!!!! Seeing how this is a scale UNLIMITED class, could it be time to look at getting the power plant up to the "UNLIMITED" level of power????????????????

Not being a student of the history of the scale UNLIMITED class, I would guess that the reason we use 60's is because that was the biggest thing that was available when the class came about and the rules were written!!!!!! SOOOOOO just a thought. BOY that 101 looked awesome in the boat.

If you have one just try setting one in your scale and step back and look at it and let YOUR MIND RACE!!!!!!!!! Dr.T

Dr. T sounds good to me also, I could see the future of running real turbine's, there coming about now, just think what the future may hold for this class??? of corse for now we must keep it even, but it's still kinda an unlimited class as long as you run a .67 c.i.d. engine, but anyone can moddifiy them at will,

Dr. T sounds good to me also, I could see the future of running real turbine's, there coming about now, just think what the future may hold for this class??? of corse for now we must keep it even, but it's still kinda an unlimited class as long as you run a .67 c.i.d. engine, but anyone can moddifiy them at will,

I have modified motors for 30yrs and nothing beats cubic inches!!!!!!! GTT

Back