Jerry Wyss

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jerry,

The rudder looks a little long,unless you guys race in big waves. :lol:

Nice looking boat.

Good Luck,

Mark Sholund

The Rudder is "Speedmaster" and is the recomended length for this boat by Phil Thomas. Hull is Phils 82U55

Many thanks to Tim Duggan for getting the pics of my boat and it's screwball driver up and runnin' on this Terrific web site.

To answer "bsmtboy2",,the cowl was made by making a urethane foam plug, and then glass and epoxy sanded very smooth

and then painted. A card board and duct tape box was fabbed around and under the "plug" leaving a small opening above

the cockpit area,,the silicone moulding material was poured slowly in the opening until entire plug was covered. Then encased

with fiber filled plaster,,,remove the plug and you can make as many epoxy or even polyester / glass cowls as you want,,as

no resin will stick to the silicone material. Unfortunetly the mould is not perfect,, not enough thought was given to at which

line the cowl would be cut off to fit nicely on Phil Thomas's 82U55 Hull. It takes a fair amount of time to get a nice fit.

Nice boat! I wish I had it, dont leave it unattended, I might steal it :ph34r: Nice painting/stickering, verynice.

Phil :rolleyes: :D <_<

Latest posts

Back