Japanese Nats

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcessna

Hey Guys,

I haven't put a boat in the water for about six months. I though going to the Japanese Nats would give me some ideas since I just moved here. Hammer directed me to the Nats and is a great guy. He is sponsored by Kyosho for A Mono and is an excellent driver.

They definitely know what they are doing over here in Japan. Almost everyone builds their own boats which I find admirable and interesting. The boats are large and they really mix it up in the corners and at the start. I like their style of racing. No holds barred!

Japanese boats are every bit as fast as the American style boats that I have seen and built. Most of the guys in C class use the O.S. 91 Ducted fan Modification.

The JMPBA does not have a gas class and the limit for the C class is a .90. I can't race my twin in the heavy class like I did in Korea. Also, My 80-90 Crapshooter is a little small for the water their large boats mix up during a race. I will have to build a larger, light boat to mix it up with these guys.

The Japanese Nationals was a run excellent with 71 heats finished by 5:00 pm. The competition to get to the Nationals is fierce so everyone there was an excellent driver. I can say they were more than excellent. One wrong move and a guy could be out of the running.

I have never been to a USA National or seen the US racing style, but I really like the way these guys in Japan mix it up and battle. The only penalty is for missing a bouy or jumping the start. I does make for some tense moments during the race and a guys driving excellence really comes out.

I am afraid that I am not a good driver and will smash more than one boat. That is why everyone builds their own boats!

I have about $3,500 invested in my twin and would hate to see it smashed, but I can't race it anyway in Japan. The JMPBA is run by a bunch of old Japanese men from the World war II era with the mentality to go along with it. (Hard Headed *&())&).

Dennis

thanks for the update Dennis....

where do you like living more

was is China? and now Japan?

Hey Dennis,

Haven't heard from you in a while, hope everything is going okay! ;D

Get that A-90 out and build a hydro for it! I am writing an article on mods for the A-90 which I hope to have finished in a few weeks.

The rough water ability of the Japanese boat designs interest me, I would like to see some plans to see what sort of geometry they run.

Good luck!

Ian Inverarity.

Thanks Dennis,

Keep the info comming. Send some picture if you can.

-MikeP

Hey there Dennis! Glad you made it home alright. That was a hell of a ride. That broiled eel was fabulous, wasn't it.

I was running the Kyosho .21V for all for heats of the tournament. I was burning up the nitro with a REX.21 DINO tuned engine. That would be faster than your REX LAX! hehe! I won two out of the 4 heats and got in trouble in the other two. Kept me out of the running for a trophy. Had a great time. It was really nice to get a handle on Dennis. First time I've met any cyber friends. Owe it to INTLWATERS. bringin' the world

closer together. Thanks, Tom. And, long time no see.

I wasn't able to take any pics. I know Dennis took a ton of pics. Let's hope that he will be kind enough to post a few. Get a Kyosho .21V! The haul ass! Trade secret. Throw the original out drive and rudder system in the trash. Put speed master stuff on it.

You all have a good one!

Bye now. I will be back later to brag about my new.

Hammerhead .12

Hammer

Hey there Dennis! Glad you made it home alright. That was a hell of a ride. That broiled eel was fabulous, wasn't it.

I was running the Kyosho .21V for all for heats of the tournament. I was burning up the nitro with a REX.21 DINO tuned engine. That would be faster than your REX LAX! hehe! I won two out of the 4 heats and got in trouble in the other two. Kept me out of the running for a trophy. Had a great time. It was really nice to get a handle on Dennis. First time I've met any cyber friends. Owe it to INTLWATERS. bringin' the world

closer together. Thanks, Tom. And, long time no see.

I wasn't able to take any pics. I know Dennis took a ton of pics. Let's hope that he will be kind enough to post a few. Get a Kyosho .21V! The haul ass! Trade secret. Throw the original out drive and rudder system in the trash. Put speed master stuff on it.

You all have a good one!

Bye now. I will be back later to brag about my new.

Hammerhead .12

Hammer

It's great to see they can mix it up in the races with no fear. Here in the USA it's "Lap Penalty" for cutting of my best friend in the whole wide world! LOL

Little rubbin' never hurt no one. LOL

I'd love to see some pictures of those "S" shape riggers they build in Japan. Have any to share??

Wow, sounds cool.... hey hammer Is your new boat going to be available to the public? if so where can i find out about it??? just thinking of trying a .21 myself....

Mike, it is supposed to be available sometime this month yet from what I've heard so far from Tower and probably the LHS. Rider's more than likely in G.R. than Hobby World off 28th St.

Marty, ICQ me or write me, we gotta talk! I've got this new ICQ/AIM so I don't know how well it works. Yeah, they put them together.

usually refuse to go to hobby world.... too many times they have been too rude to me for me to spend any of my money @ thier shops

what version of chat are you using??? i use trillian @ home, msn aol icq and yahoo all in one nice easy to use proggie. ;)

-I got way too many things on my desktop-

I would love to chat with you, Ron. I'm a little out of the computer world for the moment. I have been posting from time to time at internet cafes, but it may be a while before I get on line again.

Hammer

I hope that you see this. I need to get the updated instructions ASAP for the HH .12. With your new hull, the whole thing might be outdated! I like that design better, it looks more like some of the hot Electric racers that I've seen.

I've had some input from some other racers that I'd like to talk to you about privately, nothing bad, just some things that I thought of also in the design that I want to bounce of you.

More from Hammer. Also a partial answer to your request, Ron.

I went to run the HH.12 on Sunday, but there was a lot of wind, so I couldn't get on the peddle.I went out to the pond yesterday afternoon. The water surface was like a mirror. This boat is a lot faster than the first one. I haven't even leaned it out very much, I'm sure that I will be able to get another 20 mph out of it easy. I can't get on line this week. I would like to talk with Ron, but I can't. The thing with version 2 is that I didn't draw anything up before I built it. I just built it off the top of my head. I will ask my friend on Sunday to take a video of it and put it on our clubs homepage. Then I will supply a link to the link to the forum, so all can see.

Smoochies, Hammermom

Back