Jaguar Rigger !!!!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ofna2005

Hey guys got my hands on a jaguar twinn is their anybody still running these ? What motors would you guys suggest not really that sure what to put in it . Its going to be a summer project any help would be greatly appreciated . thanks guys .

I still run them. Looking at my K+B 82 powered Jag twin as I type. Lets see 67's, 80's, 82's, 84's 90's you name the size and the Jag will take em. I have run them with both 67's and 90's. Always wanted to run OPS90's but I think the hull would be too big to be able to fit them in. I'll take pics tonight and post.

guys thanks the pictures would help so much . never done a twinn always had gas boats . so again thanks for the help .

guys thanks the pictures would help so much . never done a twinn always had gas boats . so again thanks for the help .
if you need fuel cells i have some for the jag 1 and jag 2 , there steve ball tanks and some from walt i have a few for twinns also have hardware if you need it................Bob JAGUAR- HYDROS. here is a pic of the jag 3 prototype

IMGP0744.jpg

IMGP0746.jpg

IMGP0750.jpg

IMGP0752.jpg

IMGP0745.jpg

You all never saw the boat on the chair......If my wife finds out there will be no boat and no Kevin to run it. :lol: :eek: :D :D :D

Okay that is just what i was looking for . Now from looking at the pictures I see one thing different my strutt is on the left hand side of boat . Does that mean it should be changed to the other side ? Soon as I get it painted and my hands on some motors this build is going to start.. thanks for all the help .

All my Jag riggers have the rudder on the right. If you have a twin you'll have a strut on the left and right so I am assuming you mean rudder. And I would change it

Now i'm confused this hull is perrty old and looks like the rudder always been on the left . They say this boat won races . Don't want to drill holes if i don't have to .

Ok we need pics then. I've run Jag hulls for years and the one in the pics is the one that I've been using and they all have it on the right. Not saying it wont work but need to know why it was switched to the left.

I have run boats with the rudder on the left and right sides of the boat. I dont think it much matters on a rigger. I think it's how you want to do it. Ron

I have run boats with the rudder on the left and right sides of the boat. I dont think it much matters on a rigger. I think it's how you want to do it. Ron
Actually it does matter and without getting into too much typing it's better on the right on the riggers (when looking at it from the rear). :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Don, Tell us why it matters. My 90 boat, built and raced by the owner of well known company and long time racer put the rudder on the left side of the boat. It stands just as he raced it with no changes and runs and tracks just fine and will turn with the best boats out there. Ryon

Don, Tell us why it matters. My 90 boat, built and raced by the owner of well known company and long time racer put the rudder on the left side of the boat. It stands just as he raced it with no changes and runs and tracks just fine and will turn with the best boats out there. Ryon
Well keep in mind that rudder placement affects what happens up front as well. A rudder on the right tends to place more force on the left sponson in the turns, and vice versa with it on the left side of the transom is what I have found. With the wider stance of a rigger and how good today's turn fins have become they really don't need any "help" with more force applied to the inside sponson. While a properly set up boat may go "around" a corner fine with a left rudder, to me the right rudder tends to be "quicker" through the turn with less rudder defection to get the job done. Less rudder deflection means less turn load on the boat and they seem to come off the turn faster and smoother. I personally have yet to have this not hold true on outriggers I've run over the years so it's right side rudder in my book. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay that looks like this is going to be a little more complicated than i thought . Again this boat has been together for a while raced for a few years .. What am i supposed to do ? Does anybody know the original person or persons that built this hull ..

Okay that looks like this is going to be a little more complicated than i thought . Again this boat has been together for a while raced for a few years .. What am i supposed to do ? Does anybody know the original person or persons that built this hull ..
Tidewater Engineering, in Louisianna, probably built the hull. Bobby Himel was the one who worked there and likely built it. They are out of business. I purchased the Jaguar line when they closed, and later sold it to Bob Ferguson in Ohio. Try him at 419 542 9966 for any parts you need. He has all the templates and should be able to fix you up getting it together. I always ran the rudder on the left on my twin, but it surely works on the right as well.

Back