JAE rigger weight

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Sowell

got mine done and was wondering what weight everyone is coming in at? mine less prop and fuel is 2lb 9.6oz. Nova 12, Texan pipe, all Zipp kit hardware.

I think Martin's was just under 2 lbs...... I'm curious what a Novarossi weighs minus flywheel/collet, If they're anything like the buggy engines they're alittle on the porky side. What finish did you go with? paint/epoxy/both? What servos/radio etc also? I hink this will be a good thread to compare what everyone's running weight is, mines not wuite done yet, but I'll definetly post what it comes out at.

Tony: I sealed the boat with west epoxy and then painted with acrylic urethane auto paint. HS 85 for throttle and HS225 for steering.Futaba 2.4 and Hyperion 6v 850mah pack. no third needle just an OS inline needle for control. I didn't try to keep the weight down, just built it without going overboard on extras. I have another kit and I might see if I can do a ultra light version. Rick

Cool Rick..... I'm not really skimping on mine either..... most of their boats are for SAW runs and they're feather light. Mine's built for many seasons heat racing.... so I expect mine to be alittle porky. If you get a chance can you weigh your engine?

Guys, I haven't built a JAE, but my Texan .12 heat racing boat weights in at 2lb 0oz using completely normal size standard servos, 800ma battery, stock Speedmaster mini rudder, metal tank, etc. As a comparison my .12 SAW boats weight in at 1 lb 4 oz RTR.

Glenn

Guys, I haven't built a JAE, but my Texan .12 heat racing boat weights in at 2lb 0oz using completely normal size standard servos, 800ma battery, stock Speedmaster mini rudder, metal tank, etc. As a comparison my .12 SAW boats weight in at 1 lb 4 oz RTR.

Glenn
Hey Glenn, can post the weight of a Nova .12?

Glenn
Hey Glenn, can post the weight of a Nova .12?
Tony, it is 7 oz with the water cooled head, flywheel and collet.

Glenn

Back