JAE 67 Question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The JAE 67 is the 45 JAE 1 inch longer and the tub is 1\4 or something like that wider. Its the 45 longer. I built one and race one. In fact last weekend had the ride of my life with it. Third heat of our club race the throttle got stuck in the wide open position at the start. That was a rush. tried to baby it wide around the turns but didnt make the second turn. Caught some chop in the turn at 70 mph and ripped my sponsons off.

If you are building one don't put the bait box in the back. You need the flotation of all the radio box in the back. Also heavily rienforce the turn fin sponson. 1\4 sides 1\8 on the deck 1\8 on the bottom of the back of the sponson. Pin all this together with 1\8 dowels. Put two 3\8 or 1\2 dowels through the sponson. Bolt you turn fin through these. Other sponson you can use 1\16 everywhere it takes no stress. This will save you alot of heartack. If you need pictures let me know. If you want to buy one I have another almost completed. These boats are fast. Still working the bugs out of mine. The turn fin sponson has been my main bug.

Build strong for the 67. I built light for my 45 a lot less torque and G's on the turn fin. My 45 is about 4.5 lbs complete.

The JAE 67 is the 45 JAE 1 inch longer and the tub is 1\4 or something like that wider. Its the 45 longer. I built one and race one. In fact last weekend had the ride of my life with it. Third heat of our club race the throttle got stuck in the wide open position at the start. That was a rush. tried to baby it wide around the turns but didnt make the second turn. Caught some chop in the turn at 70 mph and ripped my sponsons off.

If you are building one don't put the bait box in the back. You need the flotation of all the radio box in the back. Also heavily rienforce the turn fin sponson. 1\4 sides 1\8 on the deck 1\8 on the bottom of the back of the sponson. Pin all this together with 1\8 dowels. Put two 3\8 or 1\2 dowels through the sponson. Bolt you turn fin through these. Other sponson you can use 1\16 everywhere it takes no stress. This will save you alot of heartack. If you need pictures let me know. If you want to buy one I have another almost completed. These boats are fast. Still working the bugs out of mine. The turn fin sponson has been my main bug.

Build strong for the 67. I built light for my 45 a lot less torque and G's on the turn fin. My 45 is about 4.5 lbs complete.
Rick, could I get some pics sent to [email protected]

I'm toying with idea of building one this winter.

Could I also get pics of the one you may be selling.

regards

jack

Jack check out the pictures in my gallery. It was my first evening at the pond. I'll get you some picture next week. Racing in Georgia this weekend. Finishing up some stuff. I have some picture I will try and post

Jack check out the pictures in my gallery. It was my first evening at the pond. I'll get you some picture next week. Racing in Georgia this weekend. Finishing up some stuff. I have some picture I will try and post

Rick , thanks for the info and the pic's

Hope you do well racing.

Are the pics on here a 45 or 67?

regards

jack

I have a question for you guys! I am not saying anything bad about the JAE boats, believe me I have 3 different sizes and love them all. I am having one problem with the .67 .80 .90-1.01 size though. Did any of you notice the boat having a tripping problem entering the corners at full speed (roughly 75-85mph, just a guesstimate)? Mine always looks like the outside sponson digs in , because of the square edge of the sponson. The outside sponson digs in, the inside sponson and turnfin start lifting out of the water, and then a spin out or high speed kart wheels. Any input is appreciated. I'm pretty sure I fixed the problem and can show pics if anyone can tell me how to post them on here. Or I'll just put them in my gallery.

Cliff

I have a question for you guys! I am not saying anything bad about the JAE boats, believe me I have 3 different sizes and love them all. I am having one problem with the .67 .80 .90-1.01 size though. Did any of you notice the boat having a tripping problem entering the corners at full speed (roughly 75-85mph, just a guesstimate)? Mine always looks like the outside sponson digs in , because of the square edge of the sponson. The outside sponson digs in, the inside sponson and turnfin start lifting out of the water, and then a spin out or high speed kart wheels. Any input is appreciated. I'm pretty sure I fixed the problem and can show pics if anyone can tell me how to post them on here. Or I'll just put them in my gallery.

Cliff
The answer to a JAE tripping in the corner is very simple.......The turnfin is either too shallow,too small or not enough roll at the bottom of the fin......

Usually the answer ends up being some combination of all three........

Plain and simple,the turnfin just isn't doing its job and stopping the boat from sliding and holding in the corner.....

When the boat slides in the corner the outside sponson will dig in and pole vault off the outside edge of the sponson..... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Cliff
Hi Cliff,

As Rod stated below it IS THE FIN. In testing I have seen the same dump you have. We actually built a "conventional" left front sponson to get rid of that dump,guess what? same dump. Changed to a different size and higher curled fin put the original sponson back on and the problem was cured. It is NOT the sponson . Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rick , thanks for the info and the pic's

Hope you do well racing.

Are the pics on here a 45 or 67?

regards

jack
Jack , It's my 67. I'll post some of my 45 next week.

Back