Jae 45 twin

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fernando - I built the JAE 45 twin this past winter and due to trying to get other boats trimmed out have just got it to the pond a few weeks ago. Each weekend we take it to the local pond, something either vibrates off or some other twin gremlin attacks our attempts to get it around the pond. Will continue to work on it when we get home from Hobart race next weekend. Let me know what / if any questions you have. The kit went together well, with no issues, as all JAE kits do (this is the 4th one I've put together). Customer service with Joe P. at Zipp Kits is always fast and effficient.

Thanks, Tom

I just built 6 JAEs from the manual, but this is a short kit! If i intend to build one I'll have a lot of questions.

That's why i' m asking who already did it!

Thanks everyone!

Fotos??

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank's Tom, I'm just waiting the kit arrive, but probably I'll have some questions to make,

Do you have any pic's or. vídeo to post?

Thanks again.

Fernando,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner - the weather here has been pretty cold and windy so we haven't gone to the local pond to tackle the twin since we got back from the Fall Nats. This weekend doesn't look too promising either. The weather is forecasted to warm up next week, so hopefully we will get to the pond with the twin then. We're hoping for a Indian Summer weekend before the water freezes. If there are any detail pics that you want to see, please let me know and I can e-mail them.

Tom

Fernando,

Here is a pic of the motor mounts on my JAE 45 twin. I used threaded 10-32 allen head screws instead of the ones supplied - reason being I wanted to secure them from the other side of the mount with jam nuts for added stability. Motor mounts were purchased from Zipp Kits. Let me know if you want any other info - pics. Hope to get the twin in the water yet this year before the water freezes, running out of time for that though!

Tom

CIMG8499.JPG

Fernando,

Here is a pic of the motor mounts on my JAE 45 twin. I used threaded 10-32 allen head screws instead of the ones supplied - reason being I wanted to secure them from the other side of the mount with jam nuts for added stability. Motor mounts were purchased from Zipp Kits. Let me know if you want any other info - pics. Hope to get the twin in the water yet this year before the water freezes, running out of time for that though!

Tom
Hi Tom im Interested in doing a twin 45 jae can you post more pics . Also how do ya like it ive had 2 know and they are great and they are verry fast thanks Charlie

Last edited by a moderator:
Charlie,

Anything particular you want a pic of? The boat is apart now, will be putting it back together in the next couple of days in hopes of having a good weekend for testing before winter sets in. Haven't run the boat enough to know it's characteristics, but my 21 (and the others in our district) are good runners.

Tom

Tom just front side back and inside . Im so far away from everything I cant realy appreciate it the same way as you guys do when your at one of the meets . I run my twin 90 up here mostly for my own kicks. Do you guys run a twin 45 class or is it just the larger motors later Charlie

Latest posts

Back