JAE 45 Set-up

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kerry Norton

Hey guys...Building a new rigger, where are you putting the engine C/L on this boat? thank you Kerry

Thanks Glenn.....did you keep the bulkhead placement as shown on the plans? I'm using the 45H plan set. thank you Kerry

Thanks Glenn...went back through Mike Hugh's build thread for the Zipp-Kits kit (very helpfull, lots of good pictures), motor rearward with just enough room for an oiler. thank you Kerry

Thanks Glenn...went back through Mike Hugh's build thread for the Zipp-Kits kit (very helpfull, lots of good pictures), motor rearward with just enough room for an oiler. thank you Kerry

Kerry,

that will work fine, post some pictures when you get it done! What engine do you plan on using?

thanks....I've got a strong CMB45HR for it, How far back from the transom are you running the end of the strut? thank you Kerry.

I've built the older model, high rear boom plans... ( ?) motor centerline is 17.5" from the transom, same strut deal as Martin's.....( delrin spacer)..... cut speedmaster rudder leading edge @ 2" from transom.... ( beware this point, as trial and error showed me propwash effecting the rudder, with other lengths, and I'm almost not sure on this one either)...... Martin?.... start with a cupped up 1457 with what you have, and hang on!... this boat is a beast, will turn like its on after burner, and mine rides great.... good luck, test well. Mike

Latest posts

Back