JAE .21G rigger

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could put a .28 car engine in it, but a good .21 marine would be faster anyways. My guess is that a good .45 marine would be too much engine, hence the reason for the JAE .45. ;)

Those are my thoughts, I'm no expert.

Blackout,

I run a 28 and it runs better than all of

My 21's,but it has been modified quite a

Bit. The jae-21 would run a 45 but the hull

Is a little short.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

so what class would that run in? with a .28? Don't think there is one in NAMBA is there?

Blackout, the Nova 28 marine motor is awesome! I sent the first one I got in (before I even had a chance to run it) to Mike Nowicki to run in his .21 SAW boat...he ran 102+ mph with it. I have since run it myself and it runs great in a .21 boat...pulled every .21 size prop I had in the box with NO trouble. I have sold several of them to guys and they have been giving fits to the .45 hydro guys (the .28's have been winning). Also, the .28 are pretty inexpensive (around $250 ) for the last ones I got in.

I don't have any instock right now, but will be happy to get some on my next order.

Glenn

Blackout, the Nova 28 marine motor is awesome! I sent the first one I got in (before I even had a chance to run it) to Mike Nowicki to run in his .21 SAW boat...he ran 102+ mph with it. I have since run it myself and it runs great in a .21 boat...pulled every .21 size prop I had in the box with NO trouble. I have sold several of them to guys and they have been giving fits to the .45 hydro guys (the .28's have been winning). Also, the .28 are pretty inexpensive (around $250 ) for the last ones I got in.

I don't have any instock right now, but will be happy to get some on my next order.

Glenn
Sounds great!

I thought that a .28 would technically not be allowed in IMPBA's class D (.301 - .458)? Or is there a rule that allows a .28 boat to be bumped to class D?

Of course, at $250, if fellow boaters planned ahead, a bunch of .21 riggers could be built with the .28 Novarossi to make a class C.

Maybe the .28 would be a good engine to run in a twin boat for an open class... The price is right for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Glenn
Sounds great!

I thought that a .28 would technically not be allowed in IMPBA's class D (.301 - .458)? Or is there a rule that allows a .28 boat to be bumped to class D?

Of course, at $250, if fellow boaters planned ahead, a bunch of .21 riggers could be built with the .28 Novarossi to make a class C.

Maybe the .28 would be a good engine to run in a twin boat for an open class... The price is right for sure.
I think most folks would allow the .28 to run in the D class even though it is techicnally too small. Yeah I think the C class could be a hoot with the .28 motors and the twin .12's :D

Glenn

biggrin.gif
Look up.

Glenn is great to deal with. He takes great care of us.
smile.gif

Zach

The "C" class isn't used in the IMPBA very much, mostly at the Internat's and record trials so they are allowed to bump up at district races. They might regret it though if they see Mike's boat run! Mike's been chasing the 100 MPH barrier for years. I know that I saw it doing 98 and change, I think that I missed the 102 passes. In NAMBA it might be the D class. I believe that it made him the first one to break 100 in Flint.

Glenn, it seems like I saw something in the IMPBA rules where you can't race twins under .45's which I really found odd as Kevin has a twin .21 'rigger. Don't quote me as I could be wrong. I would love to see twin .12's racing!

The "C" class isn't used in the IMPBA very much, mostly at the Internat's and record trials so they are allowed to bump up at district races. They might regret it though if they see Mike's boat run! Mike's been chasing the 100 MPH barrier for years. I know that I saw it doing 98 and change, I think that I missed the 102 passes. In NAMBA it might be the D class. I believe that it made him the first one to break 100 in Flint.

Glenn, it seems like I saw something in the IMPBA rules where you can't race twins under .45's which I really found odd as Kevin has a twin .21 'rigger. Don't quote me as I could be wrong. I would love to see twin .12's racing!
Going from memory, I think the .45 minimum is only for the twin class. You could still run a twin .12 in class C or be bumped to class D. Twin .12's are a little too large for the .21 class B.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back