JAE 12FE?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YES! They have already confirmed my order. Start shipping in December. They are on the Zippkits website already.

Jim ,, any ideas on a FE setup for your .21 model ? what kind of motor and model do you have in mind , also a 3 ore 4 pack lipo ? i wonder how much room there will be inside the tub to place some of them .... any idea's ?

Jeroen

I am planning on running an Aquacraft UL1 motor and ESC with Hyperion batterys in the first one. They are getting low 60's so far with a $150 motor and speed control. The class is called Spec Hydro, the motor being the Spec part.

I also have a Nue 1515/1y or 1521/1y for open class also on a 4s battery set.

Last edited by a moderator:
He Jim , thanx for the info .. i had the idea that it should be a 4 cell setup . i live in the netherlands so i can lay my hands on german motors , but can you give me some more info about the aquacraft setup ? is that for sale seperate ? what hardware are you going to use and any prop idea's ?

what are you going to use for a cowl ? going to make a buble cowl ?

i have a big brand new gas rigger i want to convert to a twin lipo setup but i think its better to start with this riger as a start project ..

Jeroen

Hey Jim having the same idea but I am also new to this FE world. I was thinking an outrunner motor, what do you think? Also what ESC would you recommend? Thanks Jerry

The UL-1 motor and ESC is avaiable from OSE and I belive Tower Hobbies for US $150.00. Hard to beat! It's RATED at 60amps but being run at 80amps and up in a light running rigger. Looks like the JAE .21FE is going to be right in the ball park, for $80.00+150.00 get on the list it is growing fast I hear.

He Jim , thanx for the info . i have seen the set at OSE .. i will try that first , will see how that goes .. i hope the plans will give some advise about where to built what etc etc .. hardware and prop also from OSE ? looks like it will be a nice fun runner for that kind of money !

any other general advise ? what your going to use as motor mount , rudder , drive , prop etc etc ?

thanx allready~~~ !

jeroen

He Jim , thanx for the info . i have seen the set at OSE .. i will try that first , will see how that goes .. i hope the plans will give some advise about where to built what etc etc .. hardware and prop also from OSE ? looks like it will be a nice fun runner for that kind of money !

any other general advise ? what your going to use as motor mount , rudder , drive , prop etc etc ?

thanx allready~~~ !

jeroen
For 4s I've been using .150 drive cables, 6s I use 3/16" drive cables. Zippkits offers a .21 Nitro hardware package, that is what i would probably use if I didn't already have hardware sets. I collected a lot of parts after 15 years of Electrics. LOL

any idea how wide the tub will be ? i like to order some cells etc etc , but wonder if its wide enoght ore high enough . lol .. anyone have dimmentions ?

thanx

Jeroen

Here is a link to the drawings of the JAE21 nitro version. I don't know if the FE version will have the same dimensions. But if the tub size remains the same, my 4s 30C Polyquest 4500's and my 4s Turnigy 35c 5000's should both fit (obviously not at the same time). I guess we'll have to wait a bit longer to know for sure.

http://www.minicars.se/ne/JAE-21G2-1of4.pdf

Does anyone know how much mAh will get used in a one mile heat on a spec rigger or LSH using the UL-1 motor?

Here is a link to the drawings of the JAE21 nitro version. I don't know if the FE version will have the same dimensions. But if the tub size remains the same, my 4s 30C Polyquest 4500's and my 4s Turnigy 35c 5000's should both fit (obviously not at the same time). I guess we'll have to wait a bit longer to know for sure.

http://www.minicars.se/ne/JAE-21G2-1of4.pdf

Does anyone know how much mAh will get used in a one mile heat on a spec rigger or LSH using the UL-1 motor?
The UL-1 about 3400 to 3800 depending on prop. The rigger should use a little less. When my .21FE hits the water (after it Thaws out in Cleveland, Oh) I'll let you know! LOL

The UL-1 about 3400 to 3800 depending on prop. The rigger should use a little less. When my .21FE hits the water (after it Thaws out in Cleveland, Oh) I'll let you know! LOL
Cleveland, huh... I may find out before you do. LOL

Thanks for the info. This will be my first hydro. Should be a blast!!!

Just for future reference guys, Jim Geiger who owns Performance Graphix of Virginia will have available, decals of the JAE checkered flag logo as well as JAE21FE decals. He can do them in any size and color you want. Jim is an RC boater that does custom cut vinyl graphics as well as high quality durable printed vinyl graphics that DO NOT need clear coating. So when the time comes, contact him if you need any JAE decals or any other graphics for that matter.

www.pgsignsofva.com

Mike

Just for future reference guys, Jim Geiger who owns Performance Graphix of Virginia will have available, decals of the JAE checkered flag logo as well as JAE21FE decals. He can do them in any size and color you want. Jim is an RC boater that does custom cut vinyl graphics as well as high quality durable printed vinyl graphics that DO NOT need clear coating. So when the time comes, contact him if you need any JAE decals or any other graphics for that matter.

www.pgsignsofva.com

Mike
;) Thanks Mike!

-Kent

Back