jae 12 gas tank problems?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike burt

I run the boat and after warm up and lap it is like it runs out of gas.Checked mixture carb ect.I have sullivan 4oz and running clunker on rubber hose.Seen forum where they just ran copper tube to left front corner to allow for turning being fuel is pushed there.Running pressure off middle of pipe.Doe anyone have tips on building brass tank or something else.I shortened up clunker made sure wasnt touching sides or end of tank.Also does anyone know how to get ahold of preusse tryed but hasnt responded in 2 weeks looking for cowl for boat.

Have you got a pic of the tank? You are saying front of the tank do you mean to the front of the boat or toward the motor? with the clunk.

With that motor I kept going richer untill it runs and then went some more if it's new don't go by book setting it takes more fuel

Last edited by a moderator:
motor is broke in allready.I mean facing the end of the boat it would be right rear.Another thing i notice is when i brung boat in and restarted it would scream full throttle even when carb closed like it was real super lean couldnt get it to stop so had to shut off.checked for blocked fuel,carb ect nothing fuel line is good pressure is good and carb is set to factory.had slight air leak around carb nut so sealed it but dont know if that slight leak would cause this being it doesnt do it until i run and then restart.I put brand new engine bearings in motr from boca and the front one leaks air like crazy when testing for air leaks.Is this norm my other os motor i believe had rubber seal but this motor dont call for it.

joe made my tank out of brass and its 5.5 oz its better then the sullivan 4oz tank..check your lines and tighten that center screw on the cap

I did that still same.How did joe make that? how thick brass and it must not have cap so you need to hook in line to fill it?

ok the pickup should be in the back left corner, the pressure line should be in the little bubble on the top of the tank. NO clunk...

try taking pressure line off the pipe and the carb and take the tank out with both lines attach... now see if anything in this system leaks... try holding underwater and pressurizing. also is the pressure nipple on the pipe clear?

whats a factory setting on a carb? I mean you should be running rich on the stand... if your throttle is crisp and clean while the boat is on the stand you are too lean.. boat should hesitate a bit on the stand before it clears out.

Dave Preusse is at - [email protected]

left rear corner is when you hold the boat in front of you and are looking at the back of the boat.

hope this helps

like the other guy said.ditch the clunk and run brass tube in it..never trusted running that rubber/silicon tube in fuel...

i will give this a try.As far as front bearing leaking air i believe most do there are only metal dust shields in them no way they couldnt leak some?

Latest posts

Back