• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

J&G Racing

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Hulbert got exactly what he paid for and if memory serves me, he even got a bunch of free stuff for the inconvenience I may have caused him. I sent him 10 stinger drives valued at $85.00 each for a total of $850.00, but he forgot to mention that didn’t he.

Not what he told me, I've know Tom for thirty years.

He is an honest person.

You sir ARE NOT!

Last edited:
You said "I decided to make my own" there's nothing in that design your own, you copy the mans design and you admitted in a open forum that you did and you still called your own. shame on you!!!! I'm no one bit surprised people are telling you to F/O and you been band from every forum know to man.

Yeah, I decided to make my own. I made 3 of them for my own use. I’m not making any more.

I have been friends with Jack for over 30 yrs and I know the facts of why he told you to go to hell and would not sell to you! You have been a detriment to the hobby for as long as I can remember! You promise this and promise that but seldom deliver, one excuse after another! The best thing that happened to District 19 was you leaving!!

Don, unlike a lot of people in the model boating hobby, I don’t make boat parts to make a lot of money. I make boat parts for something to do in my retirement.

I only work 3 to 5 hours a day, that’s why my company is called Mid Day Machining. I seldom start before 11:00 AM and I’m done between 3:00 and 5:00 PM.

I know I’ve said I’m gonna make parts for hydros, cats and riggers, but I’m a mono guy and I just can’t get excited about those other hull types.

I made some parts for Marc Grim’s riggers shortly after I bought my CNC machine. I even made a deal with him to trade some parts for one of his boats.

After I sat on his hardware for 5 years, I decided to sell it.

Marc found out I was selling it so he emailed me saying “that hardware belongs to him and he wanted it”, at which time I told him it’s not his till he pays for it.

I haven’t made hardware for hull types other than mono in the last 7 or 8 years.

Actually, if I work on boat parts, my hobby becomes a job, then it’s not fun anymore so I don’t do it.

That’s why there’s only mono hardware out there with my name on it.

I made 3 mounts for my own use. I have absolutely no intention of making enough to sell.

I didn’t call Jack’s engine mounts my own. He wouldn’t sell them to me so I found someone who had some for sale, so I bought 3 of them, copied and made 3 of them because I like them. I have absolutely no intentions of trying to sell them.

Tom got his money refunded. That refund was handled by Dom Mauro over on JRCBD, and after I refunded Tom’s money, and I sent him 10 of my stinger drives valued at $85.00 each for a total value of $850.00, but I’ll bet he forgot to mention that, didn’t he.

I haven’t spoken with or done business with Tom Hulbert in the last 6 or 7 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back