• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Internet Fraud Complaint Center - Link

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boaterbill

Ever been ripped of on the web and you thought you were sol and there is nothing you can do to get your $ or items. Well guys guess what, there is. Go to http://www.ic3.gov

and check it out for yourselfs.

IC3 is a complaint collection center, they collect the complaint and all related data, then they pass it on to the FBI and National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C). They ic3 is also connected to law enforcement agencies around the world and if complaint is out of the country, they will forward the complaint to the enforcement agency there.

From what I heard, they have been having great success, the FBI will contact the party the complaint is filed on and that scares the h---- out of some people and they take care of the problem quickly. Internet Fraud is taken very seriously now days.

Believe it or not got the info from Pay Pal. Go check the site out and see for yourselfs.

Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank for the link. Immediately I filed a complain about a con that made me lost 7.5K 4 years ago. It took me 45 minutes to fill in all pages, and after submitting all that the webpage gave me a complaint id and a password. However in the site there is no where to track the progress of cases....Will keep my fingers crossed to see if anything happen... :unsure:

Try loggin back in and see if it takes you to your compaint, there might be a progress report there???? Also there is a statue of limitations for different crimes,

you might want to check on that, but I'm sure if it is past it, someone will notify you, and tell you it can't be filed, no news is good news, in regards to the limitation. Good Luck!!!! Keep us posted, please.

Bill

The statute of limitations must be raised by the defense as an affirmative defense. If the complaint has been filed and charges have been filed, the statute has been protected. If the complaint is filed after the SOL date, it can still be heard but can be defeated by the affirmative defense. Judges usually place the burdon on the defense to raise this issue. The shortest SOL time for breach of contract is 1 year in Louisiana. Most states have at least 2 years.

Whoa!!!! This is one con

CON

that one person tried to pass of on me. He answered one of my classified ads on a boat that I had listed for $15,995. He said that his client would send a cashiers check in the mail to me for $20,000. and I was to send a certain co. $4,000 to pick up the boat. Only I took the check to the bank and sat down with an officer while they checked the routing number. I was told there was to many numbers and that the check was probably not any good. So I emailed mr. Abdull Shreiff and said that my bank would not accept the check and he should wire the money to my account and to give me your address so that I could return the check. NO ANSWER. Go figure.

Daddy, the company I work for insures banks against fraud and we see this all the time. The checks are never good or they have been washed.

Hi guys,

No the ic3 website does not have anything to track a case's progress. It only have a page to add additional comment on cases filed.

After filing my complain with ic3, two days later I receive this message from them:

Copy of mail from ic3:

(This is an automated response. Please do not respond to this message.)

Thank you for filing a complaint with IFCC.

If you have comments or problems related to this Web site, please send us an e-mail via http://www.ifccfbi.gov/contactus.asp

*** Please do not contact the IFCC to ascertain the status of your complaint. We cannot respond to these inquires. ***

The IFCC receives thousands of complaints monthly and does not have the resources to respond to these inquiries. It is the IFCC's intention to review all complaints and refer them to law enforcement and regulatory agencies having jurisdiction. Investigation and prosecution are at the discretion of the receiving agencies.

Additional information related to your complaint.

If at any time you wish to report additional information related to your complaint, please go to https://www.ifccfbi.gov/update

Evidence related to your complaint.

It is important that you keep any evidence you may have related to your complaint. Evidence may include canceled checks; credit card receipts; phone bills; faxes; pamphlets or brochures; mailing envelopes; certified or other mail receipts; a printed copy of a Web site, chat room, or newsgroup text; or similar items. Keep items in a safe location until you are requested to provide them for investigative or prosecutive evidence. If requested to provide evidence, send copies only, not originals.

Viewing and printing a copy of your complaint.

The file attached to this e-mail is the complaint you reported to IFCC. It is formatted as a Adobe Acrobat portable document format (PDF) file. To view and print a PDF file, you must have the FREE Adobe Acrobat Reader loaded on your computer.

If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer, click on the link below to connect to Adobe's Web site and download a FREE copy.

Download Adobe Acrobat Reader. http://www.adobe.com/prodindex/acrobat/readstep.html

I don't know if there will be further actions on my case. However, will keep you guys posted.

Regards,

Jason

According to the lady I got the info from at Pay Pal, IC3 has been having some very good results! Let see what happens. Luck to you guys that filed. :)

Back