Incredible Read

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Greene

There is a thread over on Scream and Fly http://www.screamandfly.com/forum.php

that was started some time ago by Steve Sirois (a Mercury factory racer-endurance driver ) about life at Lake X in the 60's You may have to join to be able to view it- buts its well worth it, the stories and adventures shared are amazing, tons of great pics too. The thread is 8 years running and has sooo much neat stuff, it would take days to absorb it all.

Enjoy if you take the time-
default_cool.png

http://www.screamandfly.com/showthread.php?76051-Life-at-Lake-X-in-the-60s

Andy

Yes drew, that IS an awesome thread!! I used to drive right by the entrance, going home to miami from school in sanford in the late '60s. Didn't have a clue where it was until i saw the map in that thread on s&f......Another favorite on mine there is "letters from heaven"-miami in the 60's, also in the racing history forum. I lived it, knew some of them, so finding that one was like walking out my back door as a youngster. LOTS of good memories for me. BTW, i'm moparbarn over there also.

Man very cool stuff,

When I was in Cali in the early 70's worked for Bay Marine.

Met and worked with one of Merc's factory drivers Rick Magretto.

Rick spoke of MerCabo at Lake X and also had some stories........

Gene

Last edited by a moderator:
Good stuff. The 60's-90's were the "golden years" of outboard's. After that it has been like 1972 and low lead/low compression to muscle cars. From V-4's and tall 6's to V-6 and V-8 outboards. Now 4 cycles and DFI crap. I want my carbs back.

Mic

well i have barely dented reading it but someone needs to make it into a book and it would definitely make one hell of a movie

Yeah took me a couple reads to get through it all- well worth it.
default_cool.png
The other one Robin suggested " Letters from heaven" is every bit as good, and your right- they would make for one heck of a movie or book.

Andy

Latest posts

Back