IMPBA Sport 20 rules

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watercadet said:
The Phil Thomas Sport 20 is a sweet looking boat. In the few years that I have been folowing the Unlimmiteds and UL closely, I have never seen a boat that looks as futureistic. It has little in common with it's 1:1 scale counterpart in the apperance department.

OH? someone sent this picture to me last June of a hydro very similar to the supersport21 I had not seen this before i did my boat, just took some of the looks from the rc boats racing in Canada.

streamlined sponsons, flat rear trip panels, and strut on the back

If enough people want the optional strut placement it could be done, but i would like it to cover all sport classes,, so there is no confusion on what boat can do what, like you say electric is cool with the strut on the back and so is gas sport hydros.

There are some groups that dont like change, as if they would have to tear their boats apart if the rule was changed.

You guys just have to talk it up with your dist directors and get some signed proposals done, the directors are the ones making the decisions on what rules are brought to a vote for change.

Last edited by a moderator:
shoboat, No I haven't seen the new boats you are talking about. Not to say they are not out there just have not seen any. Still hung up on old V-drives I guess.

The Rules are trying to make the class competitive. Thats All. Doesn't matter inside or out.

OH? someone sent this picture to me last June of a hydro very similar to the supersport21 I had not seen this before i did my boat, just took some of the looks from the rc boats racing in Canada.
streamlined sponsons, flat rear trip panels, and strut on the back

If enough people want the optional strut placement it could be done, but i would like it to cover all sport classes,, so there is no confusion on what boat can do what, like you say electric is cool with the strut on the back and so is gas sport hydros.

There are some groups that dont like change, as if they would have to tear their boats apart if the rule was changed.

You guys just have to talk it up with your dist directors and get some signed proposals done, the directors are the ones making the decisions on what rules are brought to a vote for change.

Attached File(s)

newboat.JPG ( 35.08k ) Number of downloads: 11
SS 20

Phil, I don't see it?? :blink: :) I love your boat and want one. That said I still have never seen an Unlimited Lite like yours or even a 5 letre boat like the one in the picture.

Adam

Phil, I don't see it?? :blink: :) I love your boat and want one. That said I still have never seen an Unlimited Lite like yours or even a 5 letre boat like the one in the picture.

Adam

84898[/snapback]

Ok i dont know whose boat that was or what class looks like one of the smaller engine type.

Hey save your money up Ill make you a boat, just tell me when.

I have made some changes to the bottom for 05, not much just took out the square steps inside the sponsons and made the afterplane a bit longer.

I have a new rear radio box to be used with the Mac 21 and a new front box with a wider lid so it is easy to install the servos.

If you want another cowl for it, Phil had a 7-11 styled canopy for it in the prototype shots that he sent me a long time ago. If he still has that available, I don't know. Phil, correct me if I'm wrong (like it would be my first time :blink: ) but he made it for the motors with 180 degree headers.

I lost the pix when moving stuff over to the new 'puter.

Ron Olson said:
If you want another cowl for it, Phil had a 7-11 styled canopy for it in the prototype shots that he sent me a long time ago. If he still has that available, I don't know. Phil, correct me if I'm wrong (like it would be my first time :blink: ) but he made it for the motors with 180 degree headers.I lost the pix when moving stuff over to the new 'puter.

84929[/snapback]

Ron that 7-11 style never made it into day light, the novirossi header and pipe fit under the stealth streamline cowl ok. I did make a turbine style cowl with a airscoop on top for the mac 21 type motors. The pipe goes over the rear radio box and out the turbine tube. Who was asking about cowls?

Phil,

I sent you the pic of the boat that is similar to yours. I don't know who the builder is, but it looks to be a 1.5L Mod or a 2.5L Stock. Once I start racing my 2.5L Stock, I am sure I'll come across one of these hulls. I'll find out who the builder is for you.

Here is another. Check out the skid fin mount.

View attachment 3897

Here is another. Check out the skid fin mount.

hey Dennis, I have seen those outboard skid fin setups at the Decatur races, maybe we should make a rule to outlaw that on rc boats too. LOL

Here is another of those strange skid fins.

At the Ocoee Record Run last year there was a boat that looked just like that one in your pic Phil, with the skid fin mount way out there. it was a 2.5 MOD called MR.BUD. the boat looks very similar to your sport20. MARK

Latest posts

Back