IMPBA SAW record trials in North Carolina

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Ferrette

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Vendor
Yup it's that time of year again & we are heading to Fun Junktion Park in Elizabeth City, NC, home of one of the IMPBA's fastest SAW ponds!! The event as published in the IMPBA Roostertail is November 4th & 5th. For anyone who has not been to this site this pond is awesome for SAW. Hoping to see a few new records this year & some existing record holders up their marks. Go to the IMPBA web site- http://www.impba.net/ click on Master Events in upper left hand corner then click on Record Trials for further details! B)

The current records have been updated on the IMPBA site....so you know what you are shooting for.

Have Fun

Brian

Don,

Do you have any overhead photos of the lake? If I can get out of work, I would love

to try that water. I went on MapQuest and it is 1000 miles away,aprox. 16 hours.

I will see this week if I can get the time off. I sure would like to meet the East Coast

guys in person. Which hotel or motel do you stay at? I got the maps and the pictures.

Now I just need the time off from work. :D

Thanks Don,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup it's that time of year again & we are heading to Fun Junktion Park in Elizabeth City, NC, home of one of the IMPBA's fastest SAW ponds!! The event as published in the IMPBA Roostertail is November 4th & 5th. For anyone who has not been to this site this pond is awesome for SAW. Hoping to see a few new records this year & some existing record holders up their marks. Go to the IMPBA web site- http://www.impba.net/ click on Master Events in upper left hand corner then click on Record Trials for further details! B)

Don,

I plan on coming down to help out with the event. I have seen several awesome runs at this lake years back and hope to see some records set at this event. You are right about it being a good site for SAW events.

Glad to hear we are getting interested in the event. Steve Speas is breaking out that pro mod mono that Steve Sutton built years ago but never ran. He is using a gas engine though. That will keep the fun going even if the water gets rough.

I wish KP would take another shot at the 100 mph mark with his 21 hydro. It's still hard to believe his Orlic 21 actually turned on to the pipe a fourth time during the last event we had at Fun Junction. That was the most awesome thing I have ever heard. Getting pumped!

Glad to hear we are getting interested in the event. Steve Speas is breaking out that pro mod mono that Steve Sutton built years ago but never ran. He is using a gas engine though. That will keep the fun going even if the water gets rough.

I wish KP would take another shot at the 100 mph mark with his 21 hydro. It's still hard to believe his Orlic 21 actually turned on to the pipe a fourth time during the last event we had at Fun Junction. That was the most awesome thing I have ever heard. Getting pumped!
If Kentley promises to bring that 4 staging 21 out I might have to drive over just to hear that! :D

Latest weather forecast shows sunny skies & temps in the low to mid 50's for the highs both days. Sounds like good air & hopefully good water conditions will give us the opportunity for some great runs. B)

Looks like you're gonna have excellent conditions:

http://adds.aviationweather.noaa.gov/progs/

http://weather.edition.cnn.com/weather/int...jsp?locCode=ECG

Hmmmmm, a big, cool, high pressure air mass at sea level..... :)

Good Luck!
Temps & air density should be dead nut on BUT ...... wind might be a factor both days-

http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/USN...pnav_undeclared

keepin' my fingers crossed........ B)
If it's not as cold as the last time I was out there running equipment then you should be all set - I think Preston posted a picture of me dressed like an Eskimo, and I still wasn't warm enough. Anyway, as much as Don talks, if you stand directly in front of him the hot air will keep you warmer :lol:

**** Christi, you been savin' up for that one ......... :D
I'm just trying to keep up the pace I normally have during the regular race year. If I didn't pick on you all winter you'd get used to not being abused. :rolleyes:
Hmmmm, good point. Does that mean I can let my guard down next weekend at the club banquet? :p

I'm just trying to keep up the pace I normally have during the regular race year. If I didn't pick on you all winter you'd get used to not being abused. :rolleyes:
Hmmmm, good point. Does that mean I can let my guard down next weekend at the club banquet? :p
Unfortunately for you, NOPE! It's a team effort and Tommy and Preston are going to be there along with everyone else who also enjoys harassing you so it's open season as always! :lol:

Unfortunately for you, NOPE! It's a team effort and Tommy and Preston are going to be there along with everyone else who also enjoys harassing you so it's open season as always! :lol:
LOL!!! I'm be sure to have a few zingers ready myself. Besides, if we all weren't bustin' on each other people would think we weren't feelin' well. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back