IMPBA refund

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe just a prank?? I have seen other boaters screwing with others cars just before they leave on a return trip home. You need to remember they are hitting the highway mostly traveling at dark..... Lord Help there Sorry Ass If I catch them under a trk of mine. Not Going to BE NICE!!! NEVER.. under estimate what people May Do when Mad!! You wont think it is near as funny when they have pushed your trailer & trk into the lake. ROCK ON Mike!! this POS will be caught!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike, I know it is a long shot, but if you can list the props that were stolen, we canbe on the look out for them at our race in June here in Centreville.

Carl

You know if you go back at least two hundread years, when a thief was caught his hands where cut off.just like Dick said

When this person is caught they should be banned from NAMBA and IMPBA and all racing events, and reported to the authorities for more extreme punishment.

This is just sad. Mike has been a great asset to us all at the PTPT club. He is the retrieve boat operator at all of our club events and is willing to give and give and give, and for someone to do this is just unbelievable. I am truly sorry this happened to you Mike and hope that you take some time to think about it before leaving the hobby you so obviously love. but I can uderstand your feelings, the only thing I hate more than a politician is a thief, no place in the world for them unless they are six feet under, and if we fiind him I do run a cemetery. . .

Carter heard us talking about it and said that there was a spectator hanging around down on that end of the pond both Sat and Sun. He was talking about how cool and fast these boats were. From what Carter described he was about my height (5'10") smaller build than me. I not saying it was a racer at the pond but i just dont see a spectator taking, or knowing how to take a prop off a boat, not something you can just walk up to and take off with your bare fingers.

So here is what I have come up with. the only time his boats where left un attended was when he was in the retrieve boat and Frank was on the stand for two or so heats so this person had to be casing out his plan. there is some video out there from sat that I am trying to get a look at to see if there is anything out of the norm if the vid was taken that far down the pond.

Anyway you look at it "THIS SUCKS". I really and truly hope Mike takes a breath and reconsiders. You have given so much to this hobby to walk away because of someone elses stupidity and lack of values. Karma will come back to bite mark my word, just wish we could see it.
Yes I saw and talked with that guy, noticed he was sitting in a car with Va. plates, but why 2 props off the boats when there was 10k worth of equipment around and under the tent. At first I thought it was a joke too and asked Frank for my 12 rigga prop back, he was as suprised as I was to se it gone, then when we had to rush to make the gas rigga heat we were both amazed that it wouldn't leave the bank,no prop. I think he had just cd'd the heat before and I just got back with the retrieve boat, and just fired it and tossed it. Who ever has the props I have the boats that they work really well on, be glad to sell them to you.

Mike, I know it is a long shot, but if you can list the props that were stolen, we canbe on the look out for them at our race in June here in Centreville.

Carl

I'd just tell everyone to keep a close eye on their stuff. One was a stainless 2 blade for my 12 rigga and the other is a 2918/2 from g-force.

mike, we talked about this at the pond. PLEASE don't let this a-hole make you leave the hobby. no matter where you go, there will be low life butt wipes there............i for 1 will dearly miss not seeing you at the pond anymore ;) . give us a chance to try to identify them, so they can be dealt with!! i'll call ya later about that other project we talked about.

mike, we talked about this at the pond. PLEASE don't let this a-hole make you leave the hobby. no matter where you go, there will be low life butt wipes there............i for 1 will dearly miss not seeing you at the pond anymore ;) . give us a chance to try to identify them, so they can be dealt with!! i'll call ya later about that other project we talked about.
Ever figure out how you shaft in your 20 rigga got loose?

the insert for the collet cracked. that sucked, that thing was flying! the strut issue i found sat. night sure settled it down. not touching it 'til the nats :ph34r: . call me, i left my # on the shop machine.

This is some jealess A Hole that no matter how hard he tries he can`t outrun you,and this is his vengance.

I race 1/8 scale offroad trucks and have seen that kinda shcrap before,Lord help them if they get caught in the act.

But they are some in everry hobby and sport.He`ll get what`s due.

I had a rather new 3PK radio walk away from the radio inpound in Atlanta about ten years ago. We think that it was stolen by a person that lived and hung out there all the time. If I remember right he had stole a trailer with boats of one of the Atlanta boaters. Never heard if the radio was part of the goods. But I never put my radios in inpound anymore.

pretty simple way to catch em would be continue racing and bringing your stuff to the site...... set up a cam in the top of your tent.... walk away for the day,,,,,, stay in the retrieve boat,,,,,, somthin missing check the cam...... simple...... you will never catch anyone if you just stop...... we understand you give and give and give,,so do alot of other people here,,, but the sad truth is thieves are everywhere no matter what you do in life..... its fact,, deal with it,, and catch them red handed...... to give up over a couple props sounds more like a hissy fit than anything,... i mean no disrespect to anyone,,, but from an outsider looking in,,,, this is what i see....... The cold hard truth is sticky fingers are everywhere,,, ive seen it in rc boats,,rc trucks/cars,,,rc helis/planes...... seen it in snowmobiling,,car racing,,, its in everything you could imagine,,,,, sh*t its in the grocery store tooooo........

"Carter heard us talking about it and said that there was a spectator hanging around down on that end of the pond both Sat and Sun. He was talking about how cool and fast these boats were. From what Carter described he was about my height (5'10") smaller build than me. I not saying it was a racer at the pond but i just dont see a spectator taking, or knowing how to take a prop off a boat, not something you can just walk up to and take off with your bare fingers."

I did see a younger, blond haired, person for some time Saturday in the area of Mike's & Frank's area. I assumed he was a friend of theirs. I did not see him on Sunday. Is it possible that this POS came back Saturday night & removed the propellers? It would really take some big balls to do this in broad daylight with all the people going back & forth to get retrieved boats. This would require some tools & a significant amount of time.

Mike, I will replace at my expense & labor what ever was taken. Please remain part of the group, Mudbug, His Son, Frank, & Myself, who do what has to be done to put these events on.

Jim Allen

"Carter heard us talking about it and said that there was a spectator hanging around down on that end of the pond both Sat and Sun. He was talking about how cool and fast these boats were. From what Carter described he was about my height (5'10") smaller build than me. I not saying it was a racer at the pond but i just dont see a spectator taking, or knowing how to take a prop off a boat, not something you can just walk up to and take off with your bare fingers."

I did see a younger, blond haired, person for some time Saturday in the area of Mike's & Frank's area. I assumed he was a friend of theirs. I did not see him on Sunday. Is it possible that this POS came back Saturday night & removed the propellers? It would really take some big balls to do this in broad daylight with all the people going back & forth to get retrieved boats. This would require some tools & a significant amount of time.

Mike, I will replace at my expense & labor what ever was taken. Please remain part of the group, Mudbug, His Son, Frank, & Myself, who do what has to be done to put these events on.

Jim Allen
He was a friend of ours Jim, not a stranger

Jim Allen
He was a friend of ours Jim, not a stranger
So you might have an idea who did this??

Haven't been around for awhile, But Mike this REALLY sucks specially from a "friend"

I wasn't envoled with PTPT a long time but I really am shocked to hear stuff like that happening. Myself and Dad dealt with it in R/C cars and karting a little bit .

But it seemed to me Boat guys just didn't do this type of stuff

WTF !!!!

EdR

Haven't been around for awhile, But Mike this REALLY sucks specially from a "friend"

I wasn't envoled with PTPT a long time but I really am shocked to hear stuff like that happening. Myself and Dad dealt with it in R/C cars and karting a little bit .

WTF !!!!

EdR
Well said- I have heard of that kind of BS in other forms of rc racing - BUT NEVER HERE . We have to TRUELY be gentlemen to each other in the SMALL nitch we call our hobby or its for not. This person needs to be SNIFFED OUT/CALLED OUT/ AND GONE - PERIOD ..........

WTF !!!!

EdR
no Ed, our friend that everone mentioned came to see us on Sat. the thieving happened on Sun. morning, it wasn't our friend that did it.

The great hillbilly fillossifer "Confusiom" have saying: Wood (as in hickory) leaves a deeper impression than words.

Charles

Back