Impba D12 Race #3, Centreville, Va - June 27-29 2014

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Robin can leave his boat with me and I will keep them in my trailer so he wont be overloaded. problem solved!!!

I'll have to confirm that with them. I believe they ran CB's at Delmarva....as was Josh.

Josh has my old cracker box. Maybe Dick built a couple of new boats over the winter. I have not been to a race yet this year.....LOL

Last I talked to Don McGurn, he was planning on attending and I believe he runs a JS also.

John, give me a shout when you get time. I'll try to call don, last i heard, this race was on his list.

Counted the buoys when we returned the retrieval boat Robin. Had about 15 with many being chewed up. Ordered a dozen fresh ones today from the Keys.

We're good Dick but thanks for offering. When I used to go down to the Keys every couple of years, I would always bring home a bag of 25. They use them for lobster traps down there. I like the 7.5" balls. They are pretty durable but wont damage the boat if you whack them hard.

When you ask John about Don, I just assumed it was Mr Ferrette since they two go together like peas and carrots.
default_smile.png

When I talked to Don M at Greenbrier, he told me he was definitely planning on attending our race. He's on Facebook and was asking Danny about JS before the Delmarva Race. A couple years ago everyone was running JS. I miss them. Fun class.....unless you are running the retrieval boat.
default_rolleyes.gif

Less than two weeks to go until the race. We did pretty good getting allot of early entries but unfortunately we didn't make our goal of 100 boats two weeks out so trophies for Novice and High Points only. We've got 80 boats entered so far with full heats + in all the gas classes except Rigger. The only classes I see in jeopardy of not running are Open Tunnel and Open Nitro/FE Mono. There are a few other classes that are below the three boat minimum but I'm expecting the typical flood of last minute entries to get us above the three boat minimum in those classes. Larry from the Baltimore Club asked for a separate Nitro 1/8th scale class for his folks. I told them yes on the stipulation they must also run in the combined Nitro/FE 1/8th scale class.

That's about it folks. Entries close a week from Tuesday at midnight. The club will have a BBQ lunch available on on Saturday for $5 a head and we'll have something for you guys to munch on Sunday as well. Nothing fancy on Sunday. Just something quick and easy so we can work through lunch and get you out of here early Sunday afternoon.

Less than two weeks to go until the race. We did pretty good getting allot of early entries but unfortunately we didn't make our goal of 100 boats two weeks out so trophies for Novice and High Points only. We've got 80 boats entered so far with full heats + in all the gas classes except Rigger. The only classes I see in jeopardy of not running are Open Tunnel and Open Nitro/FE Mono. There are a few other classes that are below the three boat minimum but I'm expecting the typical flood of last minute entries to get us above the three boat minimum in those classes. Larry from the Baltimore Club asked for a separate Nitro 1/8th scale class for his folks. I told them yes on the stipulation they must also run in the combined Nitro/FE 1/8th scale class.

That's about it folks. Entries close a week from Tuesday at midnight. The club will have a BBQ lunch available on on Saturday for $5 a head and we'll have something for you guys to munch on Sunday as well. Nothing fancy on Sunday. Just something quick and easy so we can work through lunch and get you out of here early Sunday afternoon.
Chilli,

You know that it was voted on and decided at the District meeting that the only reason to run two separate classes is if there are enough boats to separate electric and nitro. There are only two electric boats entered so the class is supposed to be combined nitro and electric. If that is the way you intend to do it the nitro boats get to run in two different classes! Wow does that open a bag of worms. I will change my electric scale to nitro so I can run my nitro scale in two classes. LOL

John

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back