IMPBA D12 High Points Results

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piper_chuck

It's been a long season. Lots of fun. Made some new friends, saw some old friends, and had a great time. I'd like to thank those who helped me this year when I had a problem with a boat, needed someone to pit, or for listening when I had to vent. People lending a hand to others is a great reflection on the character of the people in this hobby.

Once again, the high points series was close until the end. Most classes weren't decided until the last race, and some, F Hydro for example :D , weren't even decided until the very last heat! I've added an entry on the D12 news page showing the top 3 finishers in each high points class. You can also get to the final points tallies from the high points page.

And on to next year. I thought it might be interesting to start a discussion on what people will be running next year. My priority will continue to be on Sport 40, D Hydro, and F Hydro. My 45 Roadrunner has proven to be reliable, so I'll be able to run that in D hydro instead of the Sport 40 boat. I keep toying with the idea of building a new Sport 40 boat, but as the saying goes, if it's not broke... It is definitely in need of an overhaul over the winter, but I think I'll stick with the same hull.

Thanks to much help from Don, my 80 Roadrunner is also ready to race. He had it ready at the ODMBA race, but since I also had the 45 RR ready to race for the first time, I decided the 45 RR was enough of a speed bump for the weekend, so I opted to not race the 80 RR and instead stuck with the 36" Sprintcat for the rest of the season. From the results, I guess that was a pretty good decision. :)

However, it is time to say goodbye to the Sprintcat. It's been a good boat, but it's a bit too small to hold its own against the larger cats. Surprisingly, I somehow managed to come in third for the season in Open Cat. Sometime soon I'll be pulling the engine and radio gear from it and selling it off. The replacement cat is a brand new Conquest. I'm still deciding which classes I will run it in, but candidates include Open Cat and Open Offshore. Depending on which engine it gets, a modded G260 or a brand new CMB .91 RS, I can also run it as a backup in F hydro or in LSG Cat. Decisions, decisions, decisions...

I'm undecided about the gas Whip. I have it here in Charleston with a different pipe. I'll evaluate its future based on how it does tomorrow.

And finally, in a month or so, it will be time to get to work on the 78 Circus Circus...

So, those are my thoughts for next year, what's everyone else planning?

Next season has already started for myself. My daughter Amanda says she wants to start racing again. (there goes the 20 mono :-( ). looks like i will be deligated to being pit person,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, <_<

I will still be running open nitro mono but am working on the motor to get more R's from alky fuel this winter> (we can run year round at the new place. the water is a constant 70Degrees)

Am presently working on a new 21 hydro. should be ready in about a month or so. Found the problem with my other one, bad o-rings on the O.S. needle valve. That boat will also get a fresh motor for next year. am retiring my old silver cased green head motor. it has had 6 years running on it. A new black case green head will go in it with a couple mods on the motor.

My wife got me a new CMB 21 for the new 20 rigger. i already put it in the old boat and tried it out. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

it sounds completely different that the green heads do. got to get used to that.

but all in all, will be doing the usual races and more test time at the lake.

i have some new goodies coming from England from CMB for the 21's and will be trying them out this winter as well.

will have to see what they are and how they go......................

well, hope everyone has a good winter and builds lots and lots of new boats,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

later buys.

carl

Chuck, you are right, it has been a great season here in Dist 12 this year. Lots of fierce competition, and great memories. I got to see some old friends this year and made some new ones as well.

This was a big year for me, bought a new trailer and still working out the bugs as far as how I want it set up. Built 2 new boats this year as well. I was glad to be a part of the opening year of running the thunderboats and after making some changes and tinkering with it thru the season I think it is running very well. The Cracker on the other hand I have not been so happy with and will make some desicions over the winter as to what will happen as far as running that boat next year.

My Insane sport hydro is on its way to its new owner, Even though my highlight of the year was beating John Finch with it in one the heats at the gas clash, it is being replaced by a whiplash GV to be built over the winter.I am even toying with building a nitro tunnel hull for next year! aAso plan to do some repairs on a couple of my boats and some upgrades as well over the winter, after all, isn't that why god freezes the ponds, so we can take time to build more boats????

I have decided to Help Danny and Ray with getting the FBI pond up and going, hopefully make something of it and possibly have a race there next year. Time will tell on that one.

As far as District races go, it will depend on the state of affairs, but I have been talking with a couple of friends and we may try to buddy up and make it to the North Carolina race next year. the other races I can do on my own, but that one is just to exspensive for me to do on my own. Gas prices have dropped but who know how far they will go down and how long it will stay like this.

In closing, I would like to once again thank Chuck for doing such a great job of running and updating the D12 website. To all my friends, old and new, If I havent told you allready, thanks for all your help and for some great memories this year!!!

Have a great rest of the year,

John Crouch

Aeromarine Conquest

Aeromarine Crackerbox

Aeromarine Thunderboat

A/C Lazer 45

Glass Whiplash on the way

C&C Racing Engines own one or chase one

had a ball this year! thanx to everyone that put all the effort into organizing our races. still upset i had to miss the last 2. but at least i got to run up to hagerstown & say hi to all my d-12 friends. my immediate plans are to find all my stuff, after moving :p . only moved about 8 miles, still be racing in d-12 !! i have 2 shops to set up now. one block 2 car garage for boats, hobbies & crafts, for the wife & me to share, & another 2 car garage for my '73 charger. then, finish the wife's tunnel, to get her on the water & racing next year, build my nemesis tunnel for a mod boat & build a prather spitfire ob rigger to run in b hydro. so, as you can see, i've got a busy winter ahead. looking foward to the tunnel champs, & then on to d-12 action B) . already had frost, in the 30's at night this weekend, hard water is close :( . ****, is it march yet :p :lol: ?????

hey Robin;

if memory serves i got a pipe for your mod 21 OB for the spitfire.

carl

Back