Hyperformance 3.5 Angle Drive

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had one on a Rossi .21 outboard. Initially the thing turned like garbage. The skeg is way too small. Added an additional piece of aluminum to match that of K&B lower and OS Lowers. It then turned like there was no tomorrow. The product appears to be very well made. On a side note: The owner of Hyperformance and I had multiple conversations about making changes to the lower to add the additional skeg material. He promised to make those changes and then send me a couple. That was 2 years ago and nothing ever happened. Also if you don't add the additional skeg you still have to ruin the black finish because he makes the skeg square and not tapered.

Good luck,

Chris

Bought one, looked at it and sold it.

Just not enough skeg.

Buy a Lawless, they work, are straight(unlike K& B) , and a quality machined piece.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone use the Hyperformance 3.5 Angle Drive. What do you think of it?
Mark
Mark,

I have one, but have never run it, put a larger skeg on it, just have'nt had a chance to run it. Are you going to run a B tunnel?

Larry
Later this year I think I will.

Go play at the pond Larry. I'm stuck at work. I might make it there later this afternoon if I can get out of here.

Thanks for the replies guy's

Mark

What about the bullet drive he sells? Have any of you used that one?
Why won't you just use a Lawless?

It's the best drive on the market.

If cost is an issue, find a used one or just use the K&B.

They both have proven themselves over and over.

What has the Hyperperformance lower ever done? Either one.

Nothing and guess why!

Last edited by a moderator:

Nothing and guess why!

I have a lawless drive setting here but, I also heard from a sucessful racer that the bullet drive was underated.

It also looks pretty scale. Have you ever run the bullet drive?

Nothing and guess why!

I have a lawless drive setting here but, I also heard from a sucessful racer that the bullet drive was underated.

It also looks pretty scale. Have you ever run the bullet drive?

No I haven't.

I've never heard anything good about them.

Hey, What do I know... I just heard something about the flex shaft holding up really well. I was just asking also. ;)

I've been using the Lawless flex cables and never had one brake, but I do use remote oilers on all my flex cables. O/B and I/Bs.

I can't speak for the 3.5s but the 7.5 bullet drive performs very well. Cables hold up great and it certainly improves handling over the K&B 7.5. The only thing to keep in mind is that the bullet drive is shorter than the K&B and will require a longer motor mount to get the same offset as the K&B. The only real problem besides them being cast and needing to be cleaned up a little, is the cav. plates after running them for a year or so have a tendency to break. Though the cav plates have supposably been redesigned since the couple that I've owned so hopefully that problem has been fixed.

Latest posts

Back