Hydro Prop makes huge changes

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read that too Steve.

What is really interesting is the revolt from Hydroprop. The race this weekend at Tri Cities will also run without Hydroprop.

I haven't heard if they will restrict the fuel to the turbines yet, but I do know that Coopers will not be restricted. If they follow Evensvilles lead everyone will be on an even playing field.

I'd love to see Auto power as the future of Unlimiteds. It will probably be that or no unlimiteds at all!

You can follow this weekends coverage at:

http://www.hydroracing.com

Dick

Maybe now the long term goals will be more sensible. I would like to see them bring back piston power for another reason also.....so they can race on salt water again. Not sure if they can race at Miami anymore at the marine stadium. I think the turbines being allergic to salt water hurt the sport also. They found some ways to run in salt but with even more complications and more money.

Mark

They still run on Salt water. They'll run on it in San Diego again this year.

I used to work on the Pico Years ago. There waws always a lot of cleanup after the race! Lots of soap and WD-40.

Dick

crowebar said:
I read that too Steve.
What is really interesting is the revolt from Hydroprop. The race this weekend at Tri Cities will also run without Hydroprop.

I haven't heard if they will restrict the fuel to the turbines yet, but I do know that Coopers will not be restricted. If they follow Evensvilles lead everyone will be on an even playing field.

I'd love to see Auto power as the future of Unlimiteds. It will probably be that or no unlimiteds at all!

You can follow this weekends coverage at:

http://www.hydroracing.com

Dick
I agree Dick, auto powerplants are the future. The roar needs to be restored.

Run a couple of turbine boats by a crowd. Then, run a couple of auto-powered boats by. Even if the auto-powered boats are 20-30 mph slower, the crowd will not be able to tell. Unless the faster and slower boats are run side-by-side.

Thanks for the link, also. I'm checking on the progress throughout the day.

Live broadcast of the Unlimited heats can be heard at:

http://www.worxradio.com/

Look at the red text (just under the scrolling red text) at the center of the page, for specific times. (Remember: The radio station is in the Central Time Zone)

KW

P.S. GO VACATIONVILLE.COM!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Keven,

The internet broadcast was great!!!!

Hey, did you see the video gallery on the http://www.hydroracing.com/ site?

They have every Unlimited and Unlimited Light heat in it's full length!!!

That was some of the best deck to racing I've seen in a long time. Check out Heat 2B. Muscatel nails the start and hangs on for a solid lap, then Oberto and Vacationville run deck to deck right to the wire.

Dick

I saw those videos. Nice.

Sunday, them was a series of about 12-15 photos from the Gold Cup posted on the Hydro-Prop site. They clearly showed it was Vilwock's bad driving that caused boats to bump, for Bud to be disqualified, and for Llumar to be damaged. I can't find the photo series any more. Hhmm???? I guess RED does rule.

KW

Kevin Whitehead said:
I saw those videos. Nice.
Sunday, them was a series of about 12-15 photos from the Gold Cup posted on the Hydro-Prop site. They clearly showed it was Vilwock's bad driving that caused boats to bump, for Bud to be disqualified, and for Llumar to be damaged. I can't find the photo series any more. Hhmm???? I guess RED does rule.

KW
HP is in ruin...the web site guy quit today. I'd like to see the APBA take it back over with D'Eath in charge.

Now, I wonder if he was forced out. Maybe, for putting those photos up. Funny timing. Photos up on Sunday. Photos gone, disappeared on Monday. And the webmaster is out.

As Bill would say:

Strange happenings at the Circle K.

crowebar said:
Thanks Keven,The internet broadcast was great!!!!

Hey, did you see the video gallery on the http://www.hydroracing.com/ site?

They have every Unlimited and Unlimited Light heat in it's full length!!!

That was some of the best deck to racing I've seen in a long time. Check out Heat 2B. Muscatel nails the start and hangs on for a solid lap, then Oberto and Vacationville run deck to deck right to the wire.

Dick
those are some awesome vids..... thanks for pointing them out Dick!

Hi Guys, As Crew Chief on the U-25 i guess that puts real close to the action. Having Tommy take over the sport is the best thing that can happen. He is a boat racer and not someone that only wants a job for he and his family. In fact Tom will not be paid to do the job. He has a lot of hard work ahead of him to get everyone back in line. Not only the owners but race sites as well. If you have any ideas on how the sport can be improved PLEASE contact Tommy and let him know what you think. Thats an interesting thought about the webmaster. I know he has some personal problems right now but I never gave the other idea much thought. As far as automotive goes I know Tommy is in favor of it and will be promoting it. We will have to see who steps up. I am not too sure if it will work but we shall see. Myself I would prefer Merlins and Griffons. But that is my own personal dream.

Thanks, Roger

Roger, good to hear from you. Sorry to hear about the mechanical problems you guys had at the Tri-Cities.

Who wouldn't agree that Merlins or Griffons be preferred? Even Allisons, if they existed in large enough numbers.

I read a story, a few years back (4-5 years?), that Chip Hanuer had located a manufacturer who has a 12 cylinder engine in production today. It was probably powerful enough to do the job and could be used as the designated motor. I think it was produced in South America (maybe Chile?).

I didn't print the story and cannot find it again, so I may not have all of the fact straight.

Have you ever heard that one, Roger?

KW

Kevin Whitehead said:
Now, I wonder if he was forced out. Maybe, for putting those photos up. Funny timing. Photos up on Sunday. Photos gone, disappeared on Monday. And the webmaster is out.
As Bill would say:

In an effort to help squelch some rumors.... Chuck, the Hydro-Prop webmaster, was not forced out/fired. He had already put in his resignation weeks ago. He will continue as webmaster through the end of the series.

-Jeff

Kevin Whitehead said:
As Bill would say:

In an effort to help squelch some rumors :ph34r: .... Chuck, the Hydro-Prop webmaster, was not forced out/fired. He had already put in his resignation weeks ago. He will continue as webmaster through the end of the series.

-Jeff

Roger J. Newton said:
Hi Guys, As Crew Chief on the U-25 i guess that puts real close to the action. Having Tommy take over the sport is the best thing that can happen. He is a boat racer and not someone that only wants a job for he and his family. In fact Tom will not be paid to do the job. He has a lot of hard work ahead of him to get everyone back in line. Not only the owners but race sites as well. If you have any ideas on how the sport can be improved PLEASE contact Tommy and let him know what you think. Thats an interesting thought about the webmaster. I know he has some personal problems right now but I never gave the other idea much thought. As far as automotive goes I know Tommy is in favor of it and will be promoting it. We will have to see who steps up. I am not too sure if it will work but we shall see. Myself I would prefer Merlins and Griffons. But that is my own personal dream. Thanks, Roger
Hey Roger! Tell Forsman hello when you see him! Best of luck in Seattle!

Steve

Thanks for the update Jeff,

Chuck has done a great job. I'm glad to hear there is nothing fishy going on.

Hey Roger,

The U-25 is looking good! Nice job!

I'll look you up next weekend at the race. Are you guys going to run your Classic R/C boats on Friday or Saturday again!

Good luck,

Dick

Hi Dick, We finally get Ken a good ride and then something else jumps up and bites us in the butt. Working real hard this week to fix all the problems. Need to put on a good show in Seattle for the sponsor. Looking forward to seeing you at the race.

Roger

I'll be pulling for you in Seattle Roger. Colten and I will be there Sat and Sun. We just got our Pit Passes yesterday. Well give the U-25 a little rub for luck!

See you soon,

Dick

Back