Hull Upgrade

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Propjockey

Well...my little ABS eBay special has outlived it's usefulness. Learned a bunch and would like to apply some of it to a decent hull.

I'm looking for a light mono in the 20 to 24 inch range.

Any recommendations?

You can't go wrong with an El Lobo II.

Stable, fast, and fun to drive. It is a great 6 cell boat, and even more fun on 7 or 8 cells.

It is available in a wood kit, fiberglass, or composite. Something for all.

Peter R.

www.climatemodels.com

I agree with Petes blatent sales pitch.

Just ribbing ya Pete..I hope for the best of your new product lines.

I have raced a FG lobo 2 for yrs and am very pleased with the hulls stablity and speed. It can be a little tricky to set up though but once set....I leave it alone.

Great for 6-8cell racing and I have used a myriad of different motors in it.

The output shaft should be at -1 to -2 degress and the ctr of grav has to be adjusted for # of cells. Keep all the cells in the ctr of the keel. See Rays site for setup help or call him...thats how I learned to setup mine

And just a side note....I T-boned an extremely light carbon fiber hull that spun out in front of me and nearly sent the competion swimming.....extremely tuff design.

And just a side note....I T-boned an extremely light carbon fiber hull that spun out in front of me and nearly sent the competion swimming.....extremely tuff design.
OUCH!!! I can hear Dennis crying now, lol.

Paul.

Paul,

I think you know me well enough by now....Evertime I think about the "incident" a little evil smile crests my face.

Sorry D man but if you want to race tin foil you gotta expect it.

Hey Alan,

It seems to me it just wasn't his weekend for leaving with what he came with. ;)

Oh ya, he's got another tin foiler from what I hear. :blink:

Paul.

Thanks Guys.

Hey Paul...didn't you run a War Zone at one time? What did you think of it?

And while we're at it, someone please enlighten me. I'm looking for speed here. Which would be a better set-up...13 turn on a gear drive spinning a large prop? Or the same motor running direct with a small prop?

Here's what I have noticed...when I throw the hull hard right. the prop cavitates and the motor really winds out. When the prop gets it's 'bite' back, the revs come WAY down...even with the itty bitty prop I'm running. Am I correct in thinking that it would be better to take advantage of the motor's RPM with a gear drive and swing a bigger prop?

Hello Prop,

Yep, I ran a War Zone Jr. but just for sport, never raced it. It was a fast boat but a little narrow in the beam. Are you looking for a plastic boat not wood?

Paul.

I'm looking for a CHEAP boat...but kinda wanted to stay clear of wood 'till I have a clue what I'm doing.

Also spotted a little hydro called the Volcanic Splash that looked like it might be worth getting wet over. :p

Paul Pachmayer said:
Hey Alan,
It seems to me it just wasn't his weekend for leaving with what he came with. ;)

Oh ya, he's got another tin foiler from what I hear. :blink:

Paul.
Paul,

I hope he does bring on the "foil"

But he had better cut his lines a little wider in case he spins out again!

Beware of evil FG T bones!!!!

Latest posts

Back