Hopper Tank

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

Tom Earley

I have a Hot shot sprint 3.5 and stock K&B O/B water cooled.My question is will a 7/8oz. (seven eights ounce) tank be too small to use as a hopper tank,for this boat & motor combo? ...........(wood hull)

Tom,

I've never used anything other than a 2oz. sullivan Slant tank, but I think most of the matal tanks that have an internal hopper tank use smaller than 2 oz. I guess the only way to know for sure is to try it!

Anyone else know anything????

Tom,

I used a small tin tank (less than 1oz). without any problems. It was made by perfect for controll line airplanes. I did this because I had a problem with space. Make sure that the fuel lines are big enough, I had to replace mine with the same size as the main tank. You can test your fuel system after you get it set up by using your fuel filler pump and suck it all out and see how it works.

However you should be able to just buy a small 1 or 2oz plastic tank and strap it on top of your main tank in a hotshot hull.

Good luck

MikeP

Latest posts

Back