Hope some of you Guys (Gals) can Appreciate this!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WAY KEWL Kris!!!! ;)

Sounds like you guys got some talent there Buddy!!!!

I read through the text, I'm not a member so the pics didnt open,

Gene :D

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry Gene i forgot that non memebers couldnt open pics!

hmmm seems to be no pic attachment button....

Kris

Check out Toms post on "Image Attachments"

Its pinned at the top of the General forum, Little different way of going about it now,

Gene :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Kris,

Nice work! Now make a nitro outboard.... :p

Seriously, it is good to see people still in the mechanical engineering type trades! B)

By the way, I once made a version of the tunnel you have a pic of in your avatar for a K&B 21. It is the lightest boat I have ever had.... And a bit to light too stay on the water! I couldn't get the CG far enough forward with such a short boat! 24"?

Nitrocrazed racing: Still got the plans somewhere....

Thanks Ian...although i wouldnt mind getting into the CAD aspect of it all (which you are in, right?)

As for the Tunnel, i have some plans and have been talking to the designer, John (performance model products).

It would be for an FE project though...since i got the plans i have wanted to build it!

Do you have any other info or pics you could share on your version? Would you beleive it is just under 22" :)

Did you have the plans in CAD or a hard copy?

Kris

Kris,

Yep, do a fair bit of CAD work for a living. One day I will have to get some pics of the CNC machine I designed a few months ago for machining on the side of amoured personnel carriers! B)

I built my tunnel over 10 years ago during school holidays once, was the fastest built boat I have ever done, 2 weeks from bits of wood to ready for paint. I just scaled the plans from the RCMB mag which had the construction article and re-drew them by hand at 1/2 scale. I doubled the thickness of most of the ply and swapped balsa for ply and it was still the lightest boat I have ever had! I mis-interpreted the drawings and didn't realise the enderside of the sponsons were stepped, so mine were not. I put a stock K&B 21 on it, and had a 6oz tank just in front of the motor. I put all the radio gear in the front and used standard size servos for steering and throttle. The battery was a four cell AA nicad pack. I made a very simple balsa cowl instead of the elaborate carved one.

The boat was only my second boat. I wasn't able to tune engines properly at that stage and never really got the boat going that well. But it needed very calm water because the CG was too far back.

I didn't get enough paint on it, and built it using PVA gule, so eventually it became waterlogged and started to fall apart. I never raced the boat and literally threw it in the bin about 5 years ago when I got out of outboards.

Ian.

Ian,

I have used PVA glue on a wooden cowl once...because i ran out of proper glue, nedless to say it came apart of a while :)

Do you or anyone else have the contruction article for it that they could scan and send me?

That CNC machine would be sweet!

Kris

Back