Holy Cow What do I do now?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

TomMoorehouse

Wow you guys are great. The show of support has been over whelming! It has been so over the top I don't know what i'm going to do now (a good problem to have I guess)!

So my original plan was two have 12 donors so they each have a month at the top of the page. I had thought it would be mostly done by businesses but it was mostly from individuals. I never thought for a second it would be filled up in a day.... let alone a matter of hours!

We have had 21 donations made! Some were significantly more than $20!

So I need to get input from the donors on what we should do for recognition. Please post here or email me and let me know! If a couple people would like a refund at this point it may be possible as we are over the amount that we need

The money situation is as follows:

total donated 421.32

paid so far:

1 year hosting 108

conversion 85

total left 228.32

Total left to be paid: I recieved an email saying they would make a price reduction to $100 for the conversion/transfer. Normal cost would be $85 and $60. I have also recieved an email from them after that one that stated the normal price. I am waiting to hear back from them to get an accurate cost.

this will leave us with either $213.32 or 168.32

I will keep you guys updated as I know more.

Please post here or email me on how I should handle more than 12 donations!

Thanks for everyones support!

Tom Moorehouse

Holy cow is right, IN 8 hours that much, that was great

and Tom I mailed you yesterday morning give me a address to send it too, and to who. I think we need to build that pot a bit more ;D hell dont turn it down now.

Course if we get a south eastern wind, Im sure i could hold it up and it would land in your yard.

Tom

Sticker shipping: $$ ?

Tom Moorehouse database programming @ $100/hr : Way more than what you have left over.

Keep the change. That's your labor cost. If you don't want to charge us for that, then consider it a Christmas present.

Gene

Tom,

I think the money should keep coming. I'll send you some as well. You should keep a kitty so if any problems occur, BAM! you got money to solve our problems. We like this board!

Yeah, call it the Intlwaters security acct........ 8)

Its there when ya need it,

Gene ;D

I definitely think the Paypal acct. should be an open acct. Members should be free to donate at any time and the fund should be kept (and earning interest) for a rainy day (or future disasters, upgrades, growth, bandwidth, etc. etc.) I also think that you should consider selling banner ads (or other forms) for advertisers that are not tied to the donations (I feel that RCGroups/E Zone is a model of how to grow successfully)

I second Doug's thought. Members should be free to donate and the donation should be used to keep the site running. Also, other source of funds could be had from banner ads from manufacturers/shops. I frequent another bb at http://runryder.com which is for r/c helis. You could tear a page from it on how to do.

Hi Guys!

I think keeping an open Paypal account is a good idea. Not only will this help maintane the site, but it might allow other things to happen......like start-up costs for hats and shirts that could be sold at a profit to further add to the funds.

Members could call for, and vote on special use of funds, such as sending Mr. Tom and his family out for a nice dinner as a "thank you" from the members......

............Just a thought, Bob the Fool

Hire a babysitter for an evening and get a hotel room...when was the last time you and Jamie had a night to yourselves? I KNOW you've both been kept busy with the 'new addition'.

Propjockey racing.....WAIT!! THAT'S WHAT CAUSES NEW ADDITIONS!! :eek:

Maybe just hang on to it for things like domain renewals and such.

Tom,

One other thing to consider is $$ earned, means something to Uncle Sam. Last year, even though I was not totally involved, but I was in a group of off-roaders who started a club. One of the items they went after was to be declared a non-profit org. I'm not fully aware of what needs to be done, but I can find out real quick if there is a need to do so. Certain there should be others on this forum that have more knowledge about this than I since there are many boat clubs.

Mark..

The OB Nut: Throwing things out to think about..

Mark bring out a very good point.......IRS will be breathing down Tom's neck for these extra money, as he is using his personal name on Paypal. Even the tax implication would be insignificant, but Tom have to file extra forms for these monies when he does the 1040 next year...

Declaring a non-profit org is another way, but that also means more red tape.... In simple, what we want is just for this site to keep on running without financial troubles, right?

One way to do that is to nominate a non-us citizen/resident as a treasurer, and he should register a Paypal account under his name solely for the use of maintaining this site. All monies now in Tom's personal Paypal account should go to this account. Then all expenses incurred would go out from this account. This way IRS could not even question this money, and there will be no red tape. The main purpose of doing this is NOT to go above the law, but trying to minimize some hassles and red tapes. However the downside is then all future donations and payment have to go through Paypal though....

Just a thought....

Hey, just thought of something :eek: , oh the brain is smok'n now ;D , anyway, if we declare that this was a 'gift', the IRS can't touch it!!!

Mark..

OB Nut Racing: Cut'n anyway I can : :)

your stuffed now ;)
That was this morning!! :eek: ooppsss,,, TMI there... Anyway, the IRS can't touch a "GIFT" until it's over 10K or something to that amount..

Mark.....

in response the jassonsc, we could put GTR in the spotlight..he is trustworthy and isnt from the USA ;)

my .02.......

advertising should be kept strictly to companies selling products relative to the board's content [well except for the pot-racer thread content, not sure Uncle Sam would appreciate that very much ;) ]

and Mike Tyson works for the IRS, im sure he'd be happy to give us the exact info.

any thoughts?

Joe

Mike Tyson works for the IRS!!??

Thats just ludischrist
mrt.gif

i really wanted to keep it ad free..... but maybe it's time for a change??? i was willing to get us out of a crisis though

Ahhh, yes, an offshore tax shelter account tied to an ATM card in an assumed name. How about a double blind trust and a nominee partnership. :D

I think (no, I know) the IRS has more important things to do than go after Tom for $100. Relax... :p

Latest posts

Back