Hmmmmmmmm........

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.I'm sticking with the max 200 merc for this one. ;D a friend of mine has one on a 17ft Hydrostream. I call it the Hydroscream :) .

You have to take off you quicksilver throttle and install a "hot-foot" throttle to control the power....unless you have really big stones (mine arent guite that big) If you dont, you'll flip it when you push the throttles forward

Well lets put it this way ;D

For a butt pucker factor of 10, the older 16' tunnel I drove with a mod 76 Merc 150 with three into two megs, quicksilver lower, Scared the hell outta 90 mph and

Mee Too........... :eek:

Ha,Ha,

Gene 8)

Tim, coming along quite nicely, I just got the tank from Grim. I also got the motor mounted in with my home made / machined motor mount. the tub is completed and will be getting the clear job this weekend. Just working on the sponsons now (my least favorite part). I will post a couple of pics once I get it back together after the paint. Still need a SG cowl though........ you got one ;D

~ James

It's funny how lately on a few forums people post the crap they find and everyone has a dig...keeps the humour(sp?) up :)

More useless posts

101_1.jpg

Here’s one of my fellow subscribers to the “if it don’t sink the boat when you put it in the water: it must be sized correctly” theory

Notice how slowly they’re putting the boat in the water ;D

Holy crap!!!!!

Well that's back to what you said, "10 pounders" needed to drive that one,

not as much the HP and weight, But the torque can do all sorts of strange things. Nice rig though ;D

Kris, Yeah I usually leave it alone unless its just WAY off base, This one I feel sorry for the person that spends a bunch of money only to be disappointed when they run it.

I wouldn’t get in that boat except to make the point “hey look at me…I’m crazy as hell”.

drink.gif

One really has to be careful with a boat like that. I’m sure that boat takes a bunch of driver input once it’s on step. The V-hulls are notorious for chine walking when you get them over 90. (although I’m thinking that one might be a YT) With a big torquy motor like that, there’s no telling what could happen.

As you know…..90-100 on the water is much like flirting with the devil.

skullbones.gif

Yep, There is a fine line ya walk past 75 mph, Kewl to get a mono walkin, but if the R's come up and the steering suddenly get's lite, hang on when ya come down and hope its not on a roller or yer gettin wet ;)

Gene ;D

Fer instance, I was helpin a bud dial in his Skeeter/Black Max 200, we had gone through about 3 wheels and found one we liked, we were cookin and I said whip it around and lets head back, he says done man, and turns it into a cross wind roller, the chine bites and it spit both of us out like toys, near 70 mph, hurt like hell, dislocated his shoulder, I drank half the lake :p

We use to own a 18' Champion w/a 175 Blackmax. I got it worked on one time an super tuned up. I took it to the lake for a test run by myself. The wife backed me in an I took off. Just me the boat an 2 gallons of fuel. I had seen the boat run 72 before but that was loaded with fuel an gear. I was doing just fine, it was fast as ever, an it was also about dark, I hit a wave from a pontoon boat that sent me at full throttle on a full air lanch with the bow at about 30'-40' up in the air, I got to tell you guys that was the longest 2 seconds of my life waiting on that bow to come back down. I took it back to the trailer after that an told the Wife it runs REAL GOOD!!!!!!!!!!

Good Ol' Days ;D

Tim

PB Racing

Champ is a **** fine boat Tim, sounds like fun ta me ;)

We were screwed cause the wives were at home, BUT the point that we turned on has a cafe up on the hill and one of the friends called em up and said the boys just flipped the boat, they'r OK

Both of them were in my driveway when he dropped me off, arms folded and given us "THE LOOK"

I hate that, :eek:

Mine says You were driven werent ya, : :) No Honey I was fishin :-*

Gene ;D

hehe.... once tossed the ex out of the boat up on torch lake.... man she was b******g at me for months after that. anybody's who's ever gone for an unexpected dip in the midle of torch lake knows that lake is cold as H##L! i still dont know what was funnier the look she gave me or her dad almost pissin his pants laughin so hard!

-when i say hang on i mean find something thats bolted down!-

Latest posts

Back