Hitec Servos

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimothyJones

Supporting Member
I'm a Futaba person and this is the first time using Hitec servos.

The throttle servo is not under any stress and It hums.

If i reposition with the throttle servo and back with the radio( and/or shake by hand) to neutral it stops.3rd Channel does the same thing.

The steering servo does not do this and is a Hitec.

Is this normal for the Micro Ball Bearing servos???

I hope not because if its humming its burning energy.

Any Input Appreciated.

Thanks

Tim

I had the same servos at one time. Did the same thing. Hummed til they burned up. Get rid of them. I switched to JR mn48's for the throttle and they perform excellent. No problems. The rudder servo should be fine.

Those smaller Hi-tech servos never held up for me. I run a 6 volt pack with spektrum radio.

Thanks For the responses,

I'm using a futaba Radio.

I hooked up a Jr servo and a futaba servo and had no issues. The servos are quiet.

Sounds good right......well I set up the box for the 82 size. The jr is a little bigger.

Tim

tim, i've had the same issues with the hitec mini servos. 81's, 82's & 85's. after a while of humming, the also won't return to the same nuetral spot. seems like the whole range of travel shifts. end points change, everything shifts........prolly not a good option on your .21 rigger, but i switched to hitec 225's & never looked back. you going to carolina next weekend?

Yep, Deb and I both we have entry's in and a Motel Room(best western) Impba Cards. We will be there Thursday.

I'm retrofitting a jr in for now but need to find same size replacement so I can use the 3rd channel,. Space is tight.

Any Ideas on what might fit??

Tim

tim, i've had the same issues with the hitec mini servos. 81's, 82's & 85's. after a while of humming, the also won't return to the same nuetral spot. seems like the whole range of travel shifts. end points change, everything shifts........prolly not a good option on your .21 rigger, but i switched to hitec 225's & never looked back. you going to carolina next weekend?

Thats just a Hitec thing, every one I've had did it. Lots of folks swear by Hitec servos, I personally prefer Futaba, they don't hum, they return to center.

It hums because it doesn't know the words! :lol: OK, old joke.

I've had some that will hum or buzz and sometimes just touching the case quiets them down or just moving them. I've even had the larger 645's do this and some from other companies.

Ha Ha Ron!! :rolleyes:

Thats what these are doing.

I'm looking for a futaba replacement right now and came up with either a S3102 or S3115.

Tim

I've had some that will hum or buzz and sometimes just touching the case quiets them down or just moving them. I've even had the larger 645's do this and some from other companies.

If they only hum when you turn on the transmitter then you may need to change the modulation to PCM (i think it is) , anyway, changing will fix the problem. When I changed to the futaba fast system all my hitek rervos buzzed. I changed out like 13 servos before I figured it out. btw I got a bag of servos for sale if anybody wants em lol

Back