HIGH SCHOOL -- 1957 vs. 2010

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Ferrette

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Vendor
HIGH SCHOOL -- 1957 vs. 2010

Scenario 1:

Jack goes quail hunting before school and then pulls into the school parking lot with his shotgun in his truck's gun rack.

1957 - Vice Principal comes over, looks at Jack's shotgun, goes to his car and gets his shotgun to show Jack.

2010 - School goes into lock down, FBI called, Jack hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors called in for traumatized students and teachers.

Scenario 2:

Johnny and Mark get into a fist fight after school.

1957 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up buddies.

2010 - Police called and SWAT team arrives - they arrest both Johnny and Mark. They are both charged with assault and both expelled even though Johnny started it.

Scenario 3:

Jeffrey will not be still in class, he disrupts other students.

1957 - Jeffrey sent to the Principal's office and given a good paddling by the Principal. He then returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.

2010 - Jeffrey is given huge doses of Ritalin. He becomes a zombie. He is then tested for ADD. The family gets extra money (SSI) from the government because Jeffrey has a disability.

Scenario 4:

Billy breaks a window in his neighbor's car and his Dad gives him a whipping with his belt.

1957 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college and becomes a successful businessman.

2010 - Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse, Billy is removed to foster care and joins a gang. The state psychologist is told by Billy's sister that she remembers being abused herself and their dad goes to prison. Billy's mom has an affair with the psychologist.

Scenario 5:

Mark gets a headache and takes some aspirin to school.

1957 - Mark shares his aspirin with the Principal out on the smoking dock.

2010 - The police are called and Mark is expelled from school for drug violations. His car is then searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario 6:

Pedro fails high school English.

1957 - Pedro goes to summer school, passes English and goes to college.

2010 - Pedro's cause is taken up by state. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation is racist. ACLU files class action lawsuit against the state school system and Pedro's English teacher. English is then banned from core curriculum. Pedro is given his diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he cannot speak English.

Scenario 7:

Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from the Fourth of July, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle and blows up a red ant bed.

1957 - Ants die.

2010 - ATF, Homeland Security and the FBI are all called. Johnny is charged with domestic terrorism. The FBI investigates his parents - and all siblings are removed from their home and all computers are confiscated. Johnny's dad is placed on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

Scenario 8:

Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher, Mary. Mary hugs him to comfort him.

1957 – In a short time, Johnny feels better and goes on playing.

2010 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces 3 years in State Prison. Johnny undergoes 5 years of therapy.

My how we've come so far.................. :blink:

wow thats freaking funny as hell but that is all true stuff sometimes is taken to the next level.

julian

sad but true. thanks for the laugh

... BTW i remember in highschool we had a kid make the chemical used in a works bomb as a science experiment. had lots of fun lighting it on fire. and that trick with the explosive bubbles... it was fun and taught us about chemical reactions... sad thing is that teacher got fired for the very same experiments a few years later.

Sounds about right on track .........
rolleyes.gif

True story.....

In 4th grade a girl at lunch spills her drink on her skirt- me and my buddy laugh and say - Look Vicki ( I will NEVER forget her name) peed her pants,

Everyone laughs , she cries- end of story, NOT.......

When we got back to class me and my buddy (last as usual
rolleyes.gif
) walk in , the teacher calls me to the front of the class and tosses a coffee cup full of water on my crotch and says

" look class Andy peed his pants " - no chit. Needless to say NO ONE laughed after I kicked her in the shin and called her an F-ing Biotch - . I promptly walked the 4 miles plus back home and told my Mom
ohmy.gif
and was homed schooled for the rest of that year.

Teacher never got fired or had time off
blink.gif

Do that chit circa 2011 and I OWN the school board
dry.gif

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
i was born in 1981 ha ha.

julian
Shut up........................................ :lol:
right on, bill. my son is older than him, **** wise azz kids :rolleyes: :lol: . i graduated high school in 1969. i can remember the teacher in science class lighting a few drops of gasoline on fire, then taking a few drops of the same gasoline, putting them in a coffee can, snapping the plastic lid on & lighting it through a small hole in the side. the lid flew off with a loud bang, hitting the ceiling. a simple yet effective demonstration showing the difference in the burn characteristics between liquids & vapors. prolly worth shutting down school & jail time for the teacher today :blink: <_< .

Robin, im really glad i grew up at the time that i did.....the space race, Ed Sullivan, Jackie Gleason, Red Skelton, If i smart mouthed my teacher, or my parents, i got my ASS beat, and NOBODY went to jail! The Indy 500 was THE GREATEST RACE IN THE WORLD...no offense NASCAR fans....but the stock cars really were just that, just beefed up with more ponies....now you cant tell one from the other....people respected each other, and there was a thing called courtesy.......far from a perfect world mind you, but a good time to grow up....the only rule my parents had when i WENT OUTSIDE TO PLAY ALL DAY was "be home for dinner"....they didnt have to worry about much else back then.....

i couldn't agree more, bill. be home for dinner was a rule i remember also. heck, i was riding my bike to school in third grade in miami, what was there to worry about? that was 1960, nothing like today, when kids can't walk next door without armed guards because of all the sick f###er's out there. i will say, even at age 10, being in miami during the cuban missle crisis wasn't fun :eek: . crawl under your school desk & cover your eyes, my ass :lol: :lol: . that's not gonna work even for a tornado, much less a nuke..........

I grew up on Davis Island - a small laid back tight knit deal at the time/unlocked doors-bikes-trust your neighbor-ect. Your boundries after school where the water and the bridge
wink.gif

The old man would whistle when it was time to come eat- and if he had to get in the car to get you - well - you know the deal- off came the belt. You didnt dare talk back and yes Sr and Mamm where the norm.

The days of respecting your elders- and being respectful to your fellow man are getting closer and closer to extinct IMHO . We can only try and teach our children and those around us that care -so much- but the "you owe me mentality " is eating our country alive....... It's all in how you are raised and whether values mean a thing to you
ph34r.gif

Teach your children to become better people than you ever could have been, and you have done the best you can
biggrin.gif

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
Scenario #1 got my nephew.

High school jock, never since Kindergarten missed a day of school, not a straight A student but awfully close to it.

My brother and sister-in-law went on one of their winter exotic vacations so my nephew stayed with my mother. This was hunting season and in a school district that covers 1,000 square miles of mostly farmland, it was not at all unusual for the boys to get up early and do some deer hunting before heading to school and has been that way since before I went there in the `60's.

He went out one morning before classes then put his rifle behind the seat of his Ranger. Somebody saw it and made a comment to someone else and the next thing you know, he's getting called ot the Principal's office and the local cops are called. He gets thrown out of school for the rest of the year. A big school board meeting gets called. The cop admits that if he had checked every vehicle in the high school parking lot that he knew he could have found many more rifles. Still, he's booted and has to attend and finish HS in another district. He now owns a successful taxidermy shop in that same village.

The cop and the school had to enforce a zero tolerance policy on weapons on school property. Sometimes it goes too far.

Example: A girl takes a pan of brownies to school to share with her classmates. She brings a knife along to slice them up and gets popped for having a weapon in school.

Ron, its kinda sad what weve come to....in some instances its needed, in some its simply not....used to be fist fights...now the kids are killing each other in school....God how i wish i had an answer...i worry about my Grandkids.....

Latest posts

Back