Hi Jack engine mounts

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shane Bastick

Does any body have experience using the Hi Jack outboard engine mounts, are they any good and are they suited better to certain tunnel hulls - as these mounts have a lot of adjustment, look good and are of great quality

Any comments or recommendations or experience with these mounts is greatly appreciated

thanks

Shane

i love them. excellent quality & adjustment. just be careful of what amount of setback is recommended for your hull. the hi jack has more than most......

I have 3.5 for K&B in stock. I also have a new design for the OS outboard in stock.

Thanks

Capt Vic

What is the reason for wanting this for the OS? The OS comes with the best motor mount I have ever seen on any outboard sold. Not to knock Vic's stuff, because I have purchased 5 or 6 of his in the past number of years, and they are extremely nice, but the OS mount is as good as it gets (im my opinion of course). Just curious why you guys want to make the switch??

~ James

From the pics I've seen it will only allow up and down movement on the hi jack. The rest isthe OS mount.

Benefits I can see in Vic mount - you get that fine adjustment with the screw.

Disadvantage? Don't know if it's really a disadvantage but it will set the motor further back of the transom than it would normally sit. Will the prop shaft be too far back for your boat?? How much will it change your CG??

Hey Vic,

I think that if your OS one was just kind of the rear two plates. So that we could just make fine up and down adjustments. You would have a great little item for the OS lower that would sell like hotcakes. I do not think that we want to put the engine as far back as it would be with what you have pictured. But I could be wrong.

You do some nice work Vic. Keep it up buddy.

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see a significant enough reason for a mount like that. It would always give you

way too much set back and most of the competitive boats are critical on the set back anyway.

The only reason I would sacrifice the set back is to get a tilt adjustment ahead of the hinge pin so you could easily get the hinge pin vertical or slight tilt over using a shim. I have done this with the Precision Boats style and the Octura but I always had to modify the center pinch/pin block hole arrangement to bring that part back toward the transom.

j-dub

Latest posts

Back