Hey guys i need some help please

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ragin caygeon

:eek: Please look at the pic and tell me if you think this boat is sitting the way it should be in the water at a stand still. When i run this boat at top speed it tends to jump over the smallest wave and on turns it will spin out i have a turn fin and trim tabs on it but it still spins out unless i slow it right down then it will turn normally

Any Suggestions

No, my first observation is that there is to much positive angle from the motor. See how the lower end sits, it's tilted away from the transom. This causes the bow to ride nose high and make it want to fly. Set the motor at 0 degrees, no negative tilt for now. This should help. If it keeps jumping, kick the motor in at about -2 degrees and that will drive the nose down.

So basically what you're saying is to adjust the motor so the lower end is closer to the boat and not so far away thus making the motor to drive the front of the boat down more !!!!!!!!

No, you don't want the motor closer to the transom. Where it's at now is fine. What you want is that motor to not make the boat pop a wheelie! Look at your picture see how the motor doesn't sit straight. At the left of the motor it's tilted out from the transom. The prop pointing upwards to the water. Loosen the motor mount nut that gives you positive and negative angle and set it so it's straight.

Just a comment on outboard powered deep vees - the high center of gravity of the power head makes the boats a challenge to handle properly. There may be a reason you don't see much interest in outboard powered deep vees.

Jerry D.

Just a comment on outboard powered deep vees - the high center of gravity of the power head makes the boats a challenge to handle properly. There may be a reason you don't see much interest in outboard powered deep vees.

Jerry D.
Hey jerry i know threre is not much interest in this type but i have this thing for Outboard Engines The store i boat this hull from has a customer that bought the same one and he is running 2 K&B 7.5cc outboards on the back of his can you imagine how fsat that thing moves
Thank you

Hey Ragin Caygeon,

I'm sending a pic of my OB mono. It's a pinchert Chapparal.

Sorry RC, can't seem to get my pics posted.

I go through all the motions but it shuts me off before the picture posts.

Jack,

If you like you can email it to me and I can try and work out why it won't work for you.

What do you think?

Tim.

Hi Ragin,

I might not have noticed but does your hull have trim tabs on it? Almost all of the OB monos I have seen have had tabs. I think for OB use they have been mostly narrower but longer out from the transom thatn for IB monos.

Worth a try.

GT 8)

Hi Ragin,

I just checked your other post and noticed you do have tabs. IMHO don't bother with an adjustable mount - put you motor squarely on the transon and trim the hulls ride attitude with the tabs.

You should be able to get it sorted that way. How long is the hull? It might be a bit short for the weight of an OB 7.5.

GT 8)

Jack--if you're on a 56K dialer upper the attachment needs to be about 60Kb or smaller to avoid the timeout error.

Hi Ragin,

I just checked your other post and noticed you do have tabs. IMHO don't bother with an adjustable mount - put you motor squarely on the transon and trim the hulls ride attitude with the tabs.

You should be able to get it sorted that way. How long is the hull? It might be a bit short for the weight of an OB 7.5.

GT 8)
The hull is 32" long 12" wide she's a big one

Hey Ragin,

Believe with the help of Propjockey, I will be able to post the pic of my Pinchert Chapparal that I converted to OB with Don,s help. Had to do a couple of things to it to make it work well. If you are interested I will write about it.

Hey Ragin,

Believe with the help of Propjockey, I will be able to post the pic of my Pinchert Chapparal that I converted to OB with Don,s help. Had to do a couple of things to it to make it work well. If you are interested I will write about it.
Tell us the story you're boat looks like my boats long lost brother lol ;D

Hey ragin,

Our boats do look alike!

Hope you have as much fun with yours as I did with mine.

Wasn’t always a smooth runner though, took some fiddling and experimenting.

I noticed that you have two of the pieces of hardware on your boat that made ours

work, and that is the long semi-narrow cavitation or (trim tabs) and the extra long

turn fin. The other, maybe you know about. And I know that this is a must on all

monos that are converted to outboards. I found this out by chance one hot summer.

I kept my 3.5 OB mono in the garage on the boat stand held down tight by bungee cords. The boat was in the garage for a few weeks and when I went to prep it for a (in them days) rare race, I discovered that being tied down tight to the stand for that long period in the heat had caused a hook near the transom. It wasn’t more than 1/32” deep but it changed the handling of the boat, no more hooking.

Back