Help needed with Ops .90 or 15cc tuned pipe.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike,

At the widest point of the pipe. This is where you will have the

greatest pressure available.

Good Luck Testing,

Mark Sholund

Mike,
At the widest point of the pipe. This is where you will have the

greatest pressure available.

Good Luck Testing,

Mark Sholund
See thats what i though too and my father told me the same thing, but the problem is i bought the pipe used and the first owner placed the pressure fitting between the line and the rear, pretty much in the silencer... so yesterday i tried to pull it out but i gave up after an hour hahaha ill try to take a picture tonight. Thanks Mark!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here a picture. Im thinking of drilling the fitting hole to pull the fitting out then plug the hole and place a new hole center of the pipe.

IMG_20111122_005519.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have tested the pressure of many types of tuned pipes with a water gage (inches of water) to determine if the pressure varies within the chamber at different points. Points tested varied from the exhaust header to the stinger. Whatever pressure the chamber could develope at whatever RPM does not vary with the position of the pressure fitting location. However, the exhaust gas temperature will always be much lower further away from the exhaust header. Typical pressures measured can vary from 70 inches of water to 120 inches of water.

Jim Allen

I have tested the pressure of many types of tuned pipes with a water gage (inches of water) to determine if the pressure varies within the chamber at different points. Points tested varied from the exhaust header to the stinger. Whatever pressure the chamber could develope at whatever RPM does not vary with the position of the pressure fitting location. However, the exhaust gas temperature will always be much lower further away from the exhaust header. Typical pressures measured can vary from 70 inches of water to 120 inches of water.

Jim Allen
Thanks Jim great info. I have always gone by what I was told with no testing to see for my self. Just took it for granted the info was verified and correct.

David

Here a picture. Im thinking of drilling the fitting hole to pull the fitting out then plug the hole and place a new hole center of the pipe.
That should work just fine but you never know untill you try . you could always just drill it and JB Weld it if you don't have a local welder or send it to me .

Back