help looking for host for a web site?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy Whitbeck

if any one know a good host for a new web site . please let me know as i can't afford much but need a simple site hosted. for twincraft boats.

thank 's go out for all that help

Jimmy :)

Jimmy, do a search for free web sites through Google or some other search engine. Some may have pop-ups to deal with. There is 20megsfree.com for one or www.proboards.com is one that my son uses for a listbot.

Another one my son said to try, www.boards2go.com or www.freesites.com .

BTW, are you keeping the Twincraft name or using another?

Earthlink, starts out @ 20/mo plus the'yll take care of registering your domain name and everything for you for a small fee. The other thing you can do is open your phone book, and search through the internet pages, around here there are local ISPs that give breaks to local buisness, I have found some great hosts that way and they were more professional/helpfull then some of the other big names I have used previously, and by doing that i had a local person i could talk to if i ever needed the assistance. plus there was the added benifit of working with a local buisness. as far as the free ones go you can use them, however, lots of them like to limit transmissions, use pop ups and my put ads on your site you may not want to have on there. the other draw back to them is you may not be able to get the URL you want too.

LOL maybe i should pay a little more attention every once and a while.

Why don't you ask tom (intlwaters)?

Dear Jimmy,

I myself used to host my personal site on my own server, lots of work. Now I use aabox.com to host my personal web site, which is a hobby related site (helicopters actually...). I heard from my computer friends that aabox is business linked to a big computer project of some sort, so the chance of them go "fly by night" is not a great as other hosts. I purchased their 500mb service, that even includes discussion board and e-commerce software, all for less than $30- a month. They provides good service, and their price is good. I liked their service, and will not go back to having my own server again.

I do not recommend hosting your site in those free hosting sites, as they usually have those annoying pop ups, and frequent down time, which drives your potential customers nuts.

Jimmy,

I agree with Jason, stay away from the "free" webpage hosts, those pop-ups drive me nuts, I when I stumble on to a page that has those, I usually don't stay

nothing bugs me more than a couple of really good sw fish sites i goto to get supplies are locked down for the day because their on a free site, and are over thier limits.

Jimmy, do a search for free web sites through Google or some other search engine. Some may have pop-ups to deal with. There is 20megsfree.com for one or www.proboards.com is one that my son uses for a listbot.

Another one my son said to try, www.boards2go.com or www.freesites.com .

BTW, are you keeping the Twincraft name or using another?
Keeping the Twincraft name as I bought the rights to it! with the molds. Jimmy

Back