help id this carb

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael faszcza

Got this carb in a lump buy of k&b 7.5 parts .it has champion engraved on it .It's different from the stock carbs

20160617_095012.jpg

20160617_095022.jpg

20160617_095052.jpg

20160617_095042.jpg

Mike,

It looks like an old RPM carb, but so many carbs after that had that same carb body look so its hard to know for sure. The fuel inlet looks different than what RPM used. I am sure someone will chime in.

Is Champion engraved in script diagonally? If so I owned a few in the 90's. Brass barrel would gaul up on alum housing. They were so so. OMHO

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it is .is it better then stock ? The venturi is large but i haven't been able to get a accurate measurement

Yes it is .is it better then stock ? The venturi is large but i haven't been able to get a accurate measurement
Never used one on a K&B 7.5, ran that carb on a OPS 45 it did work better then stock OPS carbs. Measure the barrel opening, venturi opening maybe different. Try it out and see. Nothing beats testing.
default_cool.png

Pic of the script? Ernie called his parts he made Champion and engraved it by hand

Ok finally getting back to working with this carb . On the fuel inlet side it is stamped rich or lean and on the bowl is a center line mark . I loosened the two screws and moving the bowl or fitting alignment had big flow number differences .im using a boris meter . My question is this a low needle or high ? Seems to have a big flow difference with little movement for a low side needle

20170327_131553.jpg

20170327_131545.jpg

Back