guns

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to agree with Bill Gibson here. I have a .38 revolver that hopefully will never be used. After a tour in the Marine Corps 68-71 and sleeping with my rifle for a year in Viet Nam I have seen what weapons were made for and it isn't good. What scares me more is the desensitization and training of our kids today with a media of violence. I played football,baseball and hockey most days in my childhood. Todays video kids have simulated killing, maiming and total chaotic destruction of people and property from ages 8-18. Sure those games are just recreation. But after you've pulled the trigger so many times in a simulator whats your reaction going to be with an easily obtainable real gun that no one wants to regulate in any fashion. These rights and freedoms come first with responsibility and I don't see a lot of that out there anymore.

Just my 2cents

Mic

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to agree with Bill Gibson here. I have a .38 revolver that hopefully will never be used. After a tour in the Marine Corps 69-71 and sleeping with my rifle for a year in Viet Nam I have seen what weapons were made for and it isn't good. What scares me more is the desensitization and training of our kids today with a media of violence. I played football,baseball and hockey most days in my childhood. Todays video kids have simulated killing, maiming and total chaotic destruction of people and property from ages 8-18. Sure those games are just recreation. But after you've pulled the trigger so many times in a simulator whats your reaction going to be with an easily obtainable real gun that no one wants to regulate in any fashion. These rights and freedoms come first with responsibility and I don't see a lot of that out there anymore.

Just my 2cents

Mic
Mic, I'm with you and Bill, I quit hunting 10 years ago. I still have guns and hope I never have to use them for anything other than punching holes in paper. Went shooting at a indoor range about 8 months ago with some coworkers and the three with concealed carry permits were the worst shooters I've ever seen. :lol: Yeah, I'm worried too!

I do own guns, but being from Chicago we still prefer the Louisville Slugger.Although the way the countries going I've been investing in 2 things. Canned goods and Ammunition. :rolleyes:

I do own guns, but being from Chicago we still prefer the Louisville Slugger.Although the way the countries going I've been investing in 2 things. Canned goods and Ammunition. :rolleyes:

My girlfriends FAVORITE- She's not big but she's MEAN.

my wife carries a 2' piece of copper 500 amp service cable in her car, one end friction taped for a handle. i dare ya to snatch her door open :eek: B) . she can shoot, too. i'm better from a rest, but offhand with a rifle soda cans at 200 yds. don't stand a chance against her......

my wife carries a 2' piece of copper 500 amp service cable in her car, one end friction taped for a handle. i dare ya to snatch her door open :eek: B) . she can shoot, too. i'm better from a rest, but offhand with a rifle soda cans at 200 yds. don't stand a chance against her......
That would probably discourage someone as well as a sock full of ol carbide end mills :lol: :lol: :lol:

First off,

To anyone reading this who has seved in the US Military, and especially to those who served in Combat situations, thank you very much for placing yourself in harms way to protect the freedom of these United States of America. I am, and always will be a gun owner. I hunt, and I also shoot for recreational purposes. I very strongly believe in gun control, though my definition of gun control differs greatly from the ideas of our legislators. Proper safe handling, and aquired marksmanship through proper training and practice are what I consider gun control. I also currently work in the ammunition manufacturing industry. Federal has a bumper sticker that reads "Shoot 'em up, we'll make more"...

Larry

I think work would flip if i carried any extra copper around but that's not a bad idea... I usually leave my toolbox within reaching distance. right on top is my 1 1/4" combo wrench. (note work wont "let" us carry), though I always have my 3" sheathing knife on me

First off,

To anyone reading this who has seved in the US Military, and especially to those who served in Combat situations, thank you very much for placing yourself in harms way to protect the freedom of these United States of America. I am, and always will be a gun owner. I hunt, and I also shoot for recreational purposes. I very strongly believe in gun control, though my definition of gun control differs greatly from the ideas of our legislators. Proper safe handling, and aquired marksmanship through proper training and practice are what I consider gun control. I also currently work in the ammunition manufacturing industry. Federal has a bumper sticker that reads "Shoot 'em up, we'll make more"...

Larry
larry, one of my favorite bumper stickers reads: army sniper

don't run, you'll only die tired

First off,

Larry

Another bumper sticker seen in N. CA 10 years ago: Driver carries no cash and only $20.00 in ammunition.

Did you guys know he's a sherriff deputie in MI and he moved down to Texes so I bet he's one down there too. He believes in wrights to own guns. The Goverment is trying to take those wright away because of some dumb stupied crazy people..The Goverment fears US.. but take our guns aways and you'll see Goverment rule us like USSR does to there people.. heres a saying.. I love my country but fear my goverment.

First off,

Larry

Another bumper sticker seen in N. CA 10 years ago: Driver carries no cash and only $20.00 in ammunition.
I used to have a sign showing the business end of a revolver, as it would look if it was pointed at you that read "Never mind the dog, BEWARE OF OWNER"

First off,

Larry

I used to have a sign showing the business end of a revolver, as it would look if it was pointed at you that read "Never mind the dog, BEWARE OF OWNER"
my neighbors got that same sign but says, "forget 911, I dial 357"

A product that actually kills is Tobacco... Guns don't even come close to the numbers tobacco puts up..... But the Government makes a lot from tobacco so that explains that one....

Latest posts

Back