Greeley Flood Benefit - District 20

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Santistevan

As many of you know Greeley Colorado has been the site of both a recent NAMBA Nationals and FE Nationals in District 20. This week this little community was hit very hard by the floods here in Colorado. The boat clubs of District 20 would like to give back to this community that has given so much to our sport.

How can you help? First we will be holding a benefit race at the Greeley lake Sunday September 29th. All proceeds from race including entry fees and raffle ticket sales will go to benefit the American Red Cross, the Salvation Army and The Food Bank of the Rockies. If you cannot attend the race and would like to make a cash donation please Paypal your donation to [email protected] and make sure you note "Greeley Relief" in the notes.

If you are a local company or individual who can donate non-perishable food and bottled water please bring it to the lake on the 29th or contact us to pick it up.

If you are a vendor we are looking for RTR boats to be donated to raffle off in a public raffle at the lake once again with all proceeds going to the flood relief.

If you have any questions please contact:

Chris Bopp [email protected]

or

David Santistevan [email protected]

Thank you!

Im in. This should be a fun race. The City of Greeley has always supported or hobby and the boaters. A few years ago the had to drain the lake we race in and do repairs to the lake edges. The wouldnt start the repairs until they found another lake for us to race on. The other lake was for us to use until repairs were complete at the current lake.

We want to do all we can for the City of Greeley. If you can jelp that would be greatly appreciated.

Robert Holland

Up date on the race. You can enter on rc racing events. Thank You for all of you that have helped.

Chris

[SIZE=10.5pt]As a Greeley resident for 24 years I was lucky to have avoided this major flood by only 6 blocks. The ongoing joke in my home during or after this major rain storm was that besides leaving with as many personal items as possible for daily living was to tape up all the radio boxes on my boats before leaving the house behind. In was last Sunday afternoon when they started blocking of the road half a block away from my residency. I started getting packed up some last Saturday and Sunday if the mandatory evacuation was put into place in my location.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]The story of the unfortunate people that lost everything or permanate damage to life long property is simply devastating. It was never common practice to have flood insurance because most of the area was never considered to be in a flood plain.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]This is going to be a worthy cause for the victims of this natural disaster! [/SIZE]

Donations are starting to coming and we are glad to see the model boating community respond. Thank you very much. If you have not had a chance to donate please consider this worth cause.

Dave

UP DATE......

Thank you Aquacraft boats for your donations.

Aquacraft boats donated 2 rtr boats for this great cause.

Thank You!!

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
We had a great turn out. We raised just over $550 in cash . We received 18 cases of water and a little over 75 cans of food. Thank You .You all rock . Oh ya someone won a classes or two , couple of guys got second and a few got third . Great race day . Thank you. Photos coming soon

Last edited by a moderator:
Back