Good Prop choices

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris shields

I just picked up a nice home built mono hull last week. It's 88" boat with a G260 PUM Zenoah power plant. I'm looking for a good choice of props for some high speeds. I'm here in Oregon so racing is pretty non existent. There are some good places to run and I know a few others with boats. I'm a very proficient engine porter and I'm probably gonna slap one of my extra reed blocks on the motor so it's not gonna be lacking power. I'm looking for a prop that's gonna push me close 50mph or more

image.jpg

What part of Oregon are you in? There is a club in the Eugene area that holds several races/fun runs throught the year.

I'm an hour north of Eugene. I'm gonna try to go racing this summer. Just made a deal with a friend for a Hydro made by Insane boats. This 88" home built mono is just to heavy. Go move my motor and everything over to the hydro by this summer.

Chris,

I think you are going to need another engine in a 88" mono.

You want to go 50+ MPH with how much HP?

Looks like a Prather on their now?

Thanks For Sharing,

Mark Sholund

When I'm done with motor it will be running about 7hp+. But I'm just gonna phase this out in favor of the 44" Hydro I have coming in the mail. This is just to big to deal with. It's a cool boat though. Maybe I will just cram a water cooled Polini motor in it with 12HP

I would like to welcome you to our district (NAMBA district 8) and invite you to have a look at the NAMBA website.

The Emerald RC boat club is the group in your area. If you are intrested I can get you in contact with the club president.

That checked out the Namba website. I'm gonna pay my dues here shortly. Yes please give me his contact info. I would like to get in on a few races this summer. I will probably get my butt handed to me but it's all in good fun.

Back