Gold Carb question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastFreddy

I just bought a gold carb for my 3.5 K&B. I do not see an idle adjustment on it but there is a little hole on the same side the fuel inlet is on. Is it missing a screw? If not, what am I missing?

Thanks! FF

I take it that the needle valve is in place? There are 2 pins that hold the needle body to the gold housing and there will be a hole in the middle of the gold housing that is a low speed bleed hole. That should be it. There is no longer a threaded idle adjustment screw on these carbs like the black or red carbs. They did nothing anyway except restrict how far the carb barrel closed and all they did was fall out and make you loctite them or c.a. them in place. Hope this helps.....

Thanks for the reply. I get it now...the low speed bleed allows enough air through for the engine to idle with the barrel closed, right? Cool idea!

Hmmmmm.... I have the same hole on my KB outboard with gold carb but my engine dies if I completely close the barrel in the carb. I'm wondering if I should investigate mine further now or just leave well enough alone since I'm finally happy with my tunnels outboard setup.

Gene

Hey Tremors,

Your motor should Die when you close the barrel all the way, this is how you shut the motor off when you want it to die. The hole just helps out the low end. I would not mess with your boat if you are happy with the way it is running. TB

Latest posts

Back