GO Marine Engines, Pipes & Parts

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just thought I would share some pics of one of our "proof of concept" GO O/B Conversions. We will be doing the break in and testing over the next couple of weeks.

BTT & GO OB 3.JPG

BTT & GO OB 5.JPG

BTT & GO OB 7.JPG

BTT & GO OB 8.JPG

James, what do you mean by "proof of concept?"
Rodney,

The Collins Dictionary definition,

"The stage in the development of a product when it is established the product will function as intended"

With this prototype engine I want to test three main things

1. It performs and stays together

2. The availabilty of the components is reliable

3. There is sufficient demand for the outboard version to ensure the investment in the components is justified

I hope this answers your question?

Regards,

James

So this came from GO then? Thats what Im after..... Did GO infact send you this motor as a prototype?

Just thought I would share some pics of one of our "proof of concept" GO O/B Conversions. We will be doing the break in and testing over the next couple of weeks.
Very Nice, is that a zoom carb and were did you get that pipe?
Hi Louis,

That is indeed a Zoom carb, and the pipe is an older Salisbury Power Pipe. It used to be muffled but I cut that section off.

Cheers,

Dave

So this came from GO then? Thats what Im after..... Did GO infact send you this motor as a prototype?
No Rodney, the GO Factory have not yet come to the party, they did not send me this motor as a prototype. If they did do that, I would say in big loud words that this a prototype from the GO Factory :) :). Hopefully, we can demonstrate to the GO Factory that there is sufficient interest for them to get involved

I posted the photos as a follow up to the question asked by Bob Kensill back on May 6th.

Thanks for your interest,

James

PS: Louis, I would just like to add, the engine in the photos in sitting on the back of David Moyle's latest version of his Breakthrough Tunnel and I'm sure he would be happy to show you videos of his boat running with the Zoom Carb and the SPP and the various iterations of his GO Outboard B)

Louis,

I think Jim is just playing with you so you will still compete in the class.

His boat is plenty fast believe me I do his propellers. In fact, Jim and I

are working on a better 1614/3 Chopper propeller modification currently.

Have Fun Racing,

Mark
Thanks Mark for popping my bubble! Great and hear I though I was doing something right.

Louis,

Jim tells me you are giving him some good racing,but I just want to let you know we

are working on some new stuff also. No bubble breaking just learning from one of the best.

Thanks,

Mark

name='shoboat' timestamp='1368691186' post='538092']Louis,

Jim tells me you are giving him some good racing,but I just want to let you know we

are working on some new stuff also. No bubble breaking just learning from one of the best.

Thanks,

Mark

[/s]
Well how about throwing a few props my way I would love to test a few for you and send them back with the info you need. But if there is a prop that jim can't catch me then I'll buy it. I will be needing some props for my new C mono Just need to dial it in a little more.

Lou

Back