GLOW PLUG POLL

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Brandt

Vendor
Trying to decide what primary glow plugs to carry this year, if any.
I'd appreciate your votes here. Please just note in comments. A lack of or weak response rate just means you prefer another plug or source, which still gives me guidance.

1. McCoy MC-9 at $60.00 for 12
2. K&B 7300 HP AT $50.00 FOR 12
3. ODONNELL OD 09 at $44.00 for 10
4. ODONNELL OD 289 at $58.00 for 10

I also have this posted on my www.facebook.com/rattlesnakerc Facebook Page.

Thanks,
Bill Brandt

Bill what about the 1L?

I have always like them. Im new to the O'Donnell plugs but the 99 and 89 was the choice olug right? I believe the numbers changed though

I was using the OD blue plugs.... And I was VERY happy with there performance and longevity

I'm being told the OD09 is the replacement for that plug, PLEASE let me/us know if this is correct.

If not, what IS the replacement for the OD blue.

What little experience I have in testing the OD09 plug, not real impressed with the longevity of the NEW plug so far.

I also liked the Blues BUT they were originally made as SPORT Plugs and were never intended to be used under the rigors of a competitive race plug. I don't know the exact story but I think the color top plugs were developed for Great Plains Dist (tower hobby parent). When they discontinued carrying Steve stopped making.

I don't believe the OD09 was a replacement to the Blue, it's a great plug in its own right and comparable to the McCoy MC -9.

Ozzy, I've not had requests for the 1L. If that's your plug of choice I can get and am glad to serve you.

Bill- I have used the OD 289. Very good plug. Like them better than the McCoy MC-9

I use MC-9s and they work pretty well as long as everything is OK with the motor. I've only popped them when I've had too high compression or the bearings were starting to contaminate things.

All I run is .21's (CMB LS evo2 & k&b sport OB) on 65% punch fuel. The OD09's have been very durable in my set ups. Get your needle right & stay away from the 3rd channel (-; !

Last edited by a moderator:
Back